busiest time of the year?

uk125

Hi guys

We went to ibiza, stayed in playa den bosa in last week of august last year. We loved the island and would like go theree again (different hotel as last year was crap hotel)

We want to know when the busiest time of the year?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Which week in august? Lol

Loads more people fly in at the end of july start of august for Radio One weekend - iv'e always seen this time as the peak of the summer (in terms of numbers of course.)

Iv'e seen it a fair bit quieter during the last 2 weeks in August.

ooops! typo in my first post, we went there at last week of AUGUST last year lol i found it was a little......quiet to be honest.

my manager today said i can take holiday from 1st augst........would it be really busy?

cheers

Sardine tin busy? like it.

sardines. as you cannot get a taxi/waiting to get a drink/packed buses or full and they just drive past you.waiting all the time in supermakets shops bars and eating places to get a table.the list goes on and on.

far too hot and you picked a cheap place with no aircon or fan in room.

uk125 which hotel was crap then

Last edited by a moderator:
Sardine tin busy? like it.

sardines. as you cannot get a taxi/waiting to get a drink/packed buses or full and they just drive past you.waiting all the time in supermakets shops bars and eating places to get a table.the list goes on and on.

far too hot and you picked a cheap place with no aircon or fan in room.

uk125 which hotel was crap then

I love very busy place! We stayed at mare nostrum hotel.

Thanks for the replies. Fiesta club beach hotel ok? I saw a very posh spa hotel opposite the mini fun fair. Can't remember the name of it. What was it?

Cheers

well all i can think of is either jet which is white massive complex.or migjorn which had a refit the other year.looks flat not so high apts.

but they are not spa hotels. but these two are goleta/carabelas just down from mare nostrum on other side of road as though you going to ibiza town.

do you mean fiestaclub playa den bossa hotel.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/maps/bossa04.htm

play about with map so see where you stayed before.use arrows around box.or skip over to box on right side for other resort maps.

mare nostrum used to be good years ago.but now run by gps.so its gone down hill abit.but the fiesta club playa den bossa hotel is nice.across road from space nightclub.more younger clubbers stay there now.good food nice rooms.but hotel staff take no messing about.one verbal warning a written one and your out.

ok music around pool is hotels.you can have a laugh fun and games ect by the fiesta reps.but its not a 18.30s hotel if you know what i mean.

good location as well.hotel backs on to the beach so just only mins away from beach bars.ok you will hear the planes more but you get used to it.

i am not a killjoy but i have been in busy months when i was younger.i know its nice.but now i go in june and sept.which i find better for me all round.

hi

thanks for the replies.

woodruffel, i think it was you who told me go to mare nostrum LOL! sure me and girlfriend had great time, just the hotel let us down.

the spa hotel i was talking about is........http://www.migjorn-apartments.com/apartments/index.php?idioma=2

just a little more expensive than cheapest i could find from jet2holidays.

i know jet very well, we ate at moore(sp?) dine, where you sit and watch the chef cook food on BBQ. lot of smoke!

got plenty of time to book holidays. wondering when it's best time of the year to buy/book?

cheers again :)

... woodruffel, i think it was you who told me go to mare nostrum LOL! ...
:lol:

forget all that "spa"-bullcrap.
since garbi thought it would be a great idea to add the word "spa" to it´s name
every 2nd fleapalace at ibiza with running water renames itself "spa" these days ...
if you are used to real spas like in austria, germany, suisse etc you can only laugh
about what they call "spa" in ibiza !

no doubt migjorn improved a lot after the renovation, but i don´t like the location
in the middle of all those rundown shabby surrounding buildings, no seaview
and very difficult parking-situation in mainseason ..

well i booked mine in dec 2009.and i might even book for sept hols this weekend.

don;t leave it too late the hotels might not be full but its your flight you need the most.

Back