Budget

saddlerscott

hi everyone, i am going to san antonio in august with 3 mates. we are all students so on a budget, probably a tight one.

could people please help with this...
how much are we going to pay on average for a pint or bottle of beer in the bars during the day?
how much are we going to pay for food from cafes/restaurants/supermarket/fast food etc? a nice range would be appreciated?
how much for alcohol from the supermarkets?
how much for drinks in bars (not the clubs) open after 3am ish. another words the ones that go into the early hours of the morning?

please please please help me with this asap. i really need to know if i can afford this holiday before booking.
also i know the club prices are very high but are there places which are basically clubs where the entrance is free or cheap? how much will we pay for drinks in here?

thanks very much in advance
scott

Hi Scott. You'll get lots of assessments of what a proper budget is in these forums. I'l recommend doing a search (the keyword "budget" should work just fine) and you can find many threads where this issue was discussed.

In general:

Pint/bottle of beer: 3-5 euros

food: 4-5 euros should get you a meal at Burger King or a sandwich, crips and drink at a supermarket. You can eat in cafes and restaurants for anywhere from 6 - 60 euros.

Booze: expect normal supermarket prices. Beers for a euro or two.

how much for drinks in bars (not the clubs) open after 3am ish. - not so many all-night bars in my recollection. At those hours, you're either in the clubs or the handful of all-night supermarkets.

In the West End area of San Antonio you will find some smaller clubs that won't break the bank in comparison to the super clubs. The drink prices should be in the 3-8 euro range, I believe.

Also if you do go, look out for nights where there is intense competition ie. Thursdays. The two most popular nights on the island are Cream@Amnesia and also DeepDish@Pacha and they wont drop their prices. However, tickets for Viva! at Space were going for 15E which is a tenner, and for the DJ's Lawler and Sasha were pulling in this represents great value (provided you dont expect to leather the booze while you're in Space).

If you are in San Antonio, in my opinion theres better music on offer at Plastik (west end pub) than either Es Paradis or Eden. The back room at Eden can be good also. If you aren't a big name chaser you'll have a great time without breaking the bank.

One of the best experiences I reckon in Ibiza is the sunset at mambo. Sit yourself down 20 yards down the rocks with a 4 pack of San Mig chilling in a rock pool and you're laughing.

Back