Buckley's Lift Soundsystem @ Pacha, Sat 20 December 2003

Buckley

THE LIFT SOUNDSYSTEM in conjunction with SWING SYSTEM present their CHRISTMAS PARTY @ PACHA, SATURDAY 20TH DECEMBER 2003

It’s the first day of the Christmas holidays and you want to get this festive season started right, with like minded people, in glamorous surroundings. Where can you find that sort of night amongst the generic, styleless nights offered to you at this time of year?

Well cry ‘hallelujah!’ - Your festive prayers are answered. The Lift and Swing System bring to you a night of house so soulful, it’ll bring a tear to your eye and so funky, you’ll wonder why the funk life isn’t like this all the time!

For your aural delectation on the night we bring you:

Bobby & Steve
Dempsey & Buckley
Andy Manston
Rob Duggan
Gary Watson
Richie Fingers
Belgrave
DJ Marie & Sophie DJ
Richard M
Bernie

For concession guestlist and VIP requests send names and e-mail addresses to buckley@liftparties.co.uk or PM

ALSO, DON'T FORGET 'THE LIFT' AT THESE VENUES THROUGHT THE FESTIVE PERIOD:
TURNMILLS - WED 26 DEC 2003 - BUCKLEY & DEMPSEY ALONGSIDE BRANDON BLOCK AND ALEX P

THE CROSS - WED 31 DEC 2003, NYE!!!, ALONGSIDE THE LEGENDARY JAZZY M, THERAPY AND COPYRIGHT. (£45 ANYWHERE ELSE, £40 FROM YOU KNOW WHO!)
FOR CHEAPEST & QUICKEST ENTRY TO THESE EVENTS - buckley@liftparties.co.uk or PM

I wish I'd know about this a few weeks ago. It's my mate's birthday and he's already arranged for a big group of us to go to The Cross. Sorry bud. Rest assured if we don't make it to The Cross we'll be at Pacha.

Bubble said:
I wish I'd know about this a few weeks ago. It's my mate's birthday and he's already arranged for a big group of us to go to The Cross. Sorry bud. Rest assured if we don't make it to The Cross we'll be at Pacha.

Send us the names anyway mate, 'cos if you do change it and come down I need you on my list. Thanks for that.

Any luck on the other thing? I got paid - our friend is scatty, but he'll sort out with a bit of persistence - didn't even need my debt collector 'The Dancing Bear' involved.

No news yet on our little friend. But hey I haven't given up hope yet, maybe he's saving it for my xmas pressie.

I'll PM you those names when I get a list off my mate. Cheers for that.

Crikey! A golden oldie!

Did anyone come to this one? I got knocked for £800, the main promoter knocked Pacha for the hire fee and skipped the country, and load of hoodlums I grew up with rushed the door.

Great days:lol:

Buckley! Just noticed you dj'd at turnmills , my good mate used to have a regular slot there 'Dan Galbally ' does that name ring a bell?

Buckley! Just noticed you dj'd at turnmills , my good mate used to have a regular slot there 'Dan Galbally ' does that name ring a bell?

I remember the name being on some stuff, don't recall meeting him.

(Some Spotlighter used the question the percentage split of actual DJing between myself and my partner in crime, you know, would you credit it? They seem to think I just appeared on lots of flyers, got refreshed and networked!)

Buckley lives in ibiza most of the year now and is originally from leeds I think. . Still plays a few gigs around.

I remember the name being on some stuff, don't recall meeting him.

(Some Spotlighter used the question the percentage split of actual DJing between myself and my partner in crime, you know, would you credit it? They seem to think I just appeared on lots of flyers, got refreshed and networked!)
He was so slowly making a name for himself he came 3rd in cream 10 year anniversary final organised nationwide by mixmag I think ! Then the kids came along took over his life and he hung up his headphones never to be seen again . Although rumours have it that you can see him at the local pub/bar on a monthly basis .
How the mighty fall !

He was so slowly making a name for himself he came 3rd in cream 10 year anniversary final organised nationwide by mixmag I think ! Then the kids came along took over his life and he hung up his headphones never to be seen again . Although rumours have it that you can see him at the local pub/bar on a monthly basis .
How the mighty fall !

I'm not sure how many people who 'were making a name' for themselves back then we ever likely to make it big. Getting gigs and getting on flyers with majors names was remarkably easy, so if you willing to put yourself about a bit getting that far was easy. Pushing on from there is another ball game.

I'm not sure how many people who 'were making a name' for themselves back then we ever likely to make it big. Getting gigs and getting on flyers with majors names was remarkably easy, so if you willing to put yourself about a bit getting that far was easy. Pushing on from there is another ball game.
Totally agree with you on this , he was working so hard playing along side some of the greats at turnmills and many other clubs around London and beyond , we always said the only way you will make it would be if you make a good tune . Which used to piss a lot of my dj mates off as half the time some of the so called djs couldn't mix a salad !

That's the next leap. These days it HAS to be via production of your own music. Being just a DJ is no longer enough to be a DJ.
Unless your happy playing Oceana every weekend.

And in a weird bit of synchronicity, my old school pal and sometime So... guest, Richie M, featured on the line up in my original post starting this thread, is the second DJ up on the Clockwork NYE link someone posted today:

Back