Brits

I thought it was okay, Leona was decent too, we decided she looks like a Giraffe. Everyone was ratted. Osbournes were fooking awful pretending to be Purley Kings and Queens, apples and pairs etc. bollocks, they've lived in LA for the last 40 years. How has no one mentioned that f**king tossbag McCartney, needs that f**king Lute or whatever it is rammed up up his arse. Dance tonight, boll0cks.

All I'm saying is that previous Brits awards have had little rock and roll quirks like quarrels between Blur & Oasis, Jarvis showing his bum to Jacko and aftershow drug busts and fights.

This year wasn't anything like that and wasn't much different to Saturday night cr*p telly.
Was it the Brits when the KLF threw a dead animal on stage whilst annoucing "Ladies & Gentlemen, the KLF have now left the music business" and then running out of the theater? (or something like that :lol:)

I notice Kelly and Jack Osbourne seem to have totally lost their U.S accents!

Really lame Brits, even by the usual poor standard. No big acts performed.... not in comparison to the Grammys anyway.

And Mark Ronson "Best British Male" ??? Give me a break! He can't sing, he lamely attempts to strum a guitar whilst other singers perform his ripped-off versions of songs!! How that is talent I do not know...

Was it the Brits when the KLF threw a dead animal on stage whilst annoucing "Ladies & Gentlemen, the KLF have now left the music business" and then running out of the theater? (or something like that :lol:)

THANK YOU MORBS!

Those are exactly the sort of edgy Brits antics I was previously referring to.

Any old men/edgy police want to validate this?

THANK YOU MORBS!

Those are exactly the sort of edgy Brits antics I was previously referring to.

Any old men/edgy police want to validate this?

Yep and didn't they fire a gun into the crowd or something along those lines? Can't really see Mika or the current cro(a)p doing that.

Wikipedia is your (only occasionally inaccurate) friend :lol:

Here's their version of the incident:
On 12 February 1992, The KLF and hardcore heavy metal group Extreme Noise Terror performed a live version of "3 a.m. Eternal" at the BRIT Awards, the British Phonographic Industry's annual awards show; a "violently antagonistic performance" in front of "a stunned music-business audience". Drummond and Cauty had planned to throw buckets of sheep's blood over the audience, but were prevented from doing so due to opposition from BBC lawyers and "hardcore vegans" Extreme Noise Terror. The performance was instead garnished by a limping, kilted, cigar-chomping Drummond firing blanks from an automatic weapon over the heads of the crowd. As the band left the stage, The KLF's promoter and narrator Scott Piering announced over the PA system that "The KLF have now left the music business". Later in the evening the band dumped a dead sheep with the message "I died for ewe—bon appetit" tied around its waist at the entrance to one of the post-ceremony parties
I vaguely remember highlights of that from back in university... hilarious... or, shall we say, EDGY? :lol:

klf rip
possibly the greatest band ever.

Proper dadaists to boot

Did you ever see the TV documentary where they (apparently) burned a million quid?

They sat in some cave in the Shetland Islands or the Orkneys and shoved banknotes onto a campfire.

Wonder what Drummond and Cauty think about that now . . .

How old are you? :eek: :lol:
47. I saw the first one or two Brits awards but that whole awards scene and pop music really isnt my cup of tea. Ive always prefered my music a little more underground.
A mate taped the award when Jarvis Cocker ran amock so I watched that bit. The rest of it has always been so lame that I really can't be bothered with it.
Blur v. Oasis was mostly set up by management. It kept both bands in the news.
KLF should have just stuck to making good music. All that performance art/anti establishment stuff was stupid and doesnt make the music coming out of the speakers sound any better.

47. I saw the first one or two Brits awards but that whole awards scene and pop music really isnt my cup of tea. Ive always prefered my music a little more underground.
A mate taped the award when Jarvis Cocker ran amock so I watched that bit. The rest of it has always been so lame that I really can't be bothered with it.
Blur v. Oasis was mostly set up by management. It kept both bands in the news.
KLF should have just stuck to making good music. All that performance art/anti establishment stuff was stupid and doesnt make the music coming out of the speakers sound any better.

Lighten up!

Nowt wrong with having a guilty pleasure or two! ;) :lol:

Is this an 'I'm more underground than you' competition?

Do I need to qualify that I'm not actually into pop music by any stretch of the imagination to claw back some credibility?

Is this an 'I'm more underground than you' competition?
No. Far from it. I think I said I like my music a little more underground than pop, but I'm not some sort of headcase only into a sub-genre or something. I'm not even particularly interested in the personalities behind the stuff that I listen to and wouldn't be interested even if they had award ceremonies for music I like.

It has always made me chuckle when my mates would grumble about stuff like the Brits but still watch it year after year. I think some people are just hoping that one day there will be another "Jarvis" moment.

Back