Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Ibiza?

Anselmi K

Hey!

This year I have planned to do a lot more than just party and sleep long days at the beach or pool. So.. Are there any Brazilian Jiu Jitsu enthusiasts on the forum or someone who has experience in Ibiza's gyms and training opportunities? By Googling, I have found three different clubs/gym`s that seem like good options! I would be interested to hear experiences and how visitors have been treated? When would it be good to visit and when do they have Open Mats?

All information is wellcome, thanxx! 😊

#brazilianjiujitsu #bjj

Well..

It's been almost a few years since I started this topic, and I thought I'd come back to this when I'm already thinking about next summer's trip. Isn't it better later than never? 😉

So.. In September 2022, I visited to train at the AZ BJJ academy, Santa Eulalia, where Profesor Angel Sanchez received me very kindly. Tatami is in the back part of AZ Gym, in a separate space. Gym is modern, well maintained and clean. There were students of all levels in the basic class and the teaching was quality. They had both NoGi and Gi classes.

For basic training, for a hobbyist on vacation, AZ BJJ Academy is an excellent option and I think you can also get harder rounds there if you're looking for that. Unfortunately, I didn't get to check out Open Mat, but next summer I'll try to do that too.

As usual, you should contact them in advance and agree on attending the class. AZ BJJ Academy can easily be found on social media where you can find their contact information.

I found two other Bjj gyms in Ibiza and I've been thinking about getting to know them as well. If there are other BJJ enthusiasts on the forum who have experience of training in Ibiza, it would be interesting to hear about their experiences.

Back