Boston

Ali Bon Tempi

Anyone been before?

Going to Billerica (which I believe is about 25 miles from the center) with work at the end of the month and will have a day and a half to myself and was looking for advise on what to do, where to go ect?

Lived there for 6 years.

Will you have a car or some means to get downtown?

If so, you'll want to have a walk around the Back Bay neighborhood up to Boston Common and then over to Fanueil Hall marketplace. Definitely get yourself an Italian dinner in the North End. Take the T (the underground) over to Harvard Square and have a look around. You could do a Boston Harbor cruise if you've got time (I believe there are ones that last a couple of hours, show you various sights).

That should keep you occupied for about a day and a half... let me know if you want more ideas :D

Oh, also, there's a well-marked walking tour around town (called the Freedom Trail, I believe). If you can pick up a map of that somewhere it's more than enough to take up your time.

First time I went to London (which was about 2.5 years after I left Massachusetts), the first thing that popped in my head was "this place looks just like Boston" :lol:

As for you taking it back, the large Irish population might not go willingly :lol:

First time I went to London (which was about 2.5 years after I left Massachusetts), the first thing that popped in my head was "this place looks just like Boston" :lol:

As for you taking it back, the large Irish population might not go willingly :lol:

ha! Can only imagine the reaction :lol:

Boston's loads of fun! I reccomend the Mission Hill area for cool hang outs. Down by Fenway there were a few clubs.

Thanks for the input, really appreciated! Does anyone know what the transport links from Billerica to downtown Boston are like or is a car a must?

It looks like I'll two and a half days before the work starts to plus a day after we finish so any more ideas are welcome!

Is there anywhere in town that does a Champagne brunch like in New York?

Going to get two and a half days now, all day Saturday and Sunday so any more suggestions are welcome!

Back