Bora bora comp - dj lift july mix

DJ_LIFT

http://soundcloud.com/dj_lift/dj-lift-bora-bora-beach-demo-july-2009

TRACK LISTING
===========

1. Tribute To San Francesco D Assisi Faskil ( Ambient Intro Mix ) - Luca Ricci , Ventinesimo Secolo

2. Iberican Sound ( Zoltan Kontes / Jerome Robins Mix ) - Chus & Ceballos

3. Livin The Bass Life feat Breathwaite ( DJ VanCronkhite Remix ) - Massi , De Leon

4. TWILO (Fred Miller Filthy Groove Private Rmx) - Lula

5. You used to hold me feat Terri B (Craig Obey & Marco ) - D.O.N.S.

6. Music Is The Answer ( Gabriel Vezzola Mix ) - Celeda , Danny Tenaglia

7. Right In The Night feat Jade ( Billions Dollars Dogs Vincenzo Callea Fast DJ Club Mix ) - We Love

8. Do it with me (Original mix) - Etienne Ozborne

9. Deliver Me ( Sultan / Ned Shepard FedEx Remix ) - Cevin Fisher , Paul Harris

10. I Get Lifted feat Deborah Cooper ( Original Mix ) - Erick Morillo

11. Fame ( Joe Barrucco Original Extended Mix ) - Sebastien Gazaille

12. The Sunrising ( Original Mix ) - Jr. Duffer

GENRE: Progressive House , Vocal Tribal / Tech House

DESCRIPTION:

This summer promo mix was used as my official submission for the BORA BORA CONTEST in IBIZA, SPAIN.

According to contest guidelines, I excluded from the track selection anything I use that would be considered "banging" or "underground" based ( no techno , no minimal ). With these guidelines in mind I focased the track selection on a clubby / light hearted sound that emphasized house tracks with more vocals.

It is the intention with any of my mixes to fit on a standard 80min CD so copies can be made easily. So the recording was just under 70 mins.

Given the limited time frame from my typical live sets ( that can range from 2 to 6 hours long ) I couldn't include everything I wanted for the contest so my focas instead was on the range of styles rather then keeping a specific pace during the entire mix.

With this in mind I start off with progressive house that I would use as an opener. This is followed by a gradual increase in intesity by adding more vocals and some tribal elements until I make the switch over a more club / tech house feel. I close with a very uplifting favorite of mine that gives the listeners a warm feeling as the mix reaches a close.

This is a very common practice I use when the venue is a dayclub based theme.

Back