Bora Bora Comp - Alan Hartley Mix

hi alan,

i gave it a listen.

great energy!! for me it needs a bit more journey and not so many big tunes.

i see you used to play at the g-bar......many happy days spent in there.

i wonder if jc still plays there

nice one!:D

hi alan,

i see you used to play at the g-bar......many happy days spent in there.

i wonder if jc still plays there

nice one!:D

You and Allan have probably either crossed paths or at least know the same people Greg, both being connected to Cream in some capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
JC hung up the headphones last week. big loss.

very sad loss. not being in that neck of the woods for 10 years, i've lost touch a bit with the liverpool scene.

but jc was a big influence on my formative years.

i even remember being in g-bar on christmas eve!

Hi Grego

Take on board your feedback fully, but to be honest I didn’t put the mix together for the comp, more for my friends etc. Just that the competition post was up and I thought what the hell lol

I still play for Gbar now, infact am there this Saturday. JC plays his last gig for Gbar on their boat party in a couple of weeks I think and then as it says above, he’s retiring. Think John has had a massive impact on all of us musically. There will be an interview with him in the clubs column of the Liverpool Echo next week...will send you a link if you want when they put it online.

Bet that was an interesting Christmas dinner the day after being in Gbar....did you get an Olympic medal for pushing food around a plate lol

If your interested (not for the comp), here is a link to my podcast site, take a listen to Dreams and Journey…you might prefer those, more prog/ tribal with a bit of a Journey to them

http://alanhartley.podOmatic.com

Thanks again for the feedback

Alan

Hi Grego

Take on board your feedback fully, but to be honest I didn’t put the mix together for the comp, more for my friends etc. Just that the competition post was up and I thought what the hell lol

I still play for Gbar now, infact am there this Saturday. JC plays his last gig for Gbar on their boat party in a couple of weeks I think and then as it says above, he’s retiring. Think John has had a massive impact on all of us musically. There will be an interview with him in the clubs column of the Liverpool Echo next week...will send you a link if you want when they put it online.

Bet that was an interesting Christmas dinner the day after being in Gbar....did you get an Olympic medal for pushing food around a plate lol

If your interested (not for the comp), here is a link to my podcast site, take a listen to Dreams and Journey…you might prefer those, more prog/ tribal with a bit of a Journey to them

http://alanhartley.podOmatic.com

Thanks again for the feedback

Alan

i know you didn't do the mix specifically for the comp, but i'm trying to listen to as many as i can thru bora bora eyes.

thing about jc is that he now represents nothing of the music i like, but his influence remains. gbar and jc were just so right together and for me that type of music just didn't make sense anywhere else.

the christmas eve gbar was great. only about 20 of us there, we were playing guess who and listening to a best of christmas songs cd, drinking mulled wine and having mince pies. not a very typical gbar at all!! anyway, i miss that whole little club atmosphere, amnesia and privilege don't quite have the same intimacy.

all the best:D

and yes, post the link of the interview please.

Back