Bora Bora and other info required if poss

Aaron

Hi all,

Not been to the Ibiza for a long time so looking for a wee bit of info on Bora Bora.

Anyone know when it opens? Is it any good these days?

We are going for a long weekend for a mates birthday just before the season starts on the 28th - 31st May. If Bora Bora is open and any good we may stay in Playa DB if not we might check out San An bay for stuff to do.

Any info that you can give me would be great.

Oh, I guess Pacha will be open but will any others?

Cheers all :D

Hi all,

Not been to the Ibiza for a long time so looking for a wee bit of info on Bora Bora.

We are going for a long weekend for a mates birthday just before the season starts on the 28th - 31st May. If Bora Bora is open and any good we may stay in Playa DB if not we might check out San An bay for stuff to do.

Try googling it.

I went to Bora Bora in '05 and '07 - thought it was pretty sh1t although PDB beach itself is really nice!

Hi all,

Hello stranger

Not sure of when Bora Bora opens (it is normally Space Opening weekend) but if you've not been for a few years you won't even recognise the place, it is a shadow of it's former self :rolleyes: The music is average at best and poor most of the time, there's no dancing on tables anymore, no atmosphere, the no fun police are out in force and look like they'd shoot you for having fun, I would give it a wide berth if I was you :confused:

Hello stranger

Not sure of when Bora Bora opens (it is normally Space Opening weekend) but if you've not been for a few years you won't even recognise the place, it is a shadow of it's former self :rolleyes: The music is average at best and poor most of the time, there's no dancing on tables anymore, no atmosphere, the no fun police are out in force and look like they'd shoot you for having fun, I would give it a wide berth if I was you :confused:

Hey hun,

That sounds bad. I am glad we are only going for a long weekend then. I guess it will give us more time to check out the other places I have yet to see.

Are you going out this year?

Hope you're well and still partying as usual :p

I'm sure it says on their website that it opens on 29th may?
Am i wrong?
Also anybody know what the opening and closing times are?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been going to Ibiza for the last 13 years and had never been to Bora Bora until late September last year. We had a ball!!!!

Everyone was up for a great time and dancing and drinking next to the beach was great. Can't wait to try it in July this year - hopefully when it'll be busier.

Ok, it doesn't look particularly great and I think the restrictions now imposed throughout the island take some of the fun and free spirit feeling away but hey, make the most of it! I certainly do!!!!

Opening Time Bora Bora Ibiza

bora.gif

info here

Been to Ibiza 5 times and only got round to going last time cos we opted for a stay in PDBossa...big mistake that was. Even though San An is the commercial haven with pish bars and clubs (apart from the sunset strip and along by Kanya etc), its still the place to stay for the complete island experience. PDB is too limited and boring. Bora Bora is worth a wee visit but not unless you're planning on heading to Space afterwards, cos its just a busy beach with decent music and a bar thats undercover. No great views apart from the sets of tanned baps on offer, the sand is...well just sand, and the atmosphere isnt particularly memorable. Better off sitting with a corona or mojito down the front of Mambo watching the paragliders and the fireaterstowards the evening.

Been to Ibiza 5 times and only got round to going last time cos we opted for a stay in PDBossa...big mistake that was. Even though San An is the commercial haven with pish bars and clubs (apart from the sunset strip and along by Kanya etc), its still the place to stay for the complete island experience. PDB is too limited and boring. Bora Bora is worth a wee visit but not unless you're planning on heading to Space afterwards, cos its just a busy beach with decent music and a bar thats undercover. No great views apart from the sets of tanned baps on offer, the sand is...well just sand, and the atmosphere isnt particularly memorable. Better off sitting with a corona or mojito down the front of Mambo watching the paragliders and the fireaterstowards the evening.

Couldn't agree more! Bora Bora is sh*t now the music is indoors!! I don't care what anyone says, it sounds **** on the beach!

*Wishes for the old Bora back*

Even though San An is the commercial haven with pish bars and clubs (apart from the sunset strip and along by Kanya etc), its still the place to stay for the complete island experience. PDB is too limited and boring.

When i first started going to Ibiza, always stayed in San An but as the years have rolled by (lots of em!) I now much prefer to stay in PDB area! San An is gr8 for the sunset cafes and the like, but as I've got older the whole Blackpool feel of the place etc just seem to annoy me these days! I can see the attraction though, as it once appealed to me when I was single etc:confused: :lol:
I find PDB area perfect, as you can stroll into Ibiza town for quality dining & bars also near enough to all the better clubs to walk off ur hangover etc. Its also brill for relaxing in the day as the area is a bit quieter, well apart from sundays & then you should be at Space anyway 8) Beaches and hotels are gr8 aswell.
Probably my age though as I now have to take my wife every year, instead of my mates :spank:
Christ I've just read this back to myself, and I've become me dad :oops::rolleyes: It'll happen to you all oneday :rolleyes: See you in Pacha with your white slacks n shirt someday:?: Unfortunately for me not the 18 yr old girl on my arm though :(:cry:

When i first started going to Ibiza, always stayed in San An
but as the years have rolled by (lots of em!) I now much prefer
to stay in PDB area!
San An is gr8 for the sunset cafes and the like, but as I've got older
the whole Blackpool feel of the place etc just seem to annoy me these days! ...
c´mon - you mix everything up :)

rotten+filthy playadenbossa (with rundown borabora and space closed during day)
is the new sanan with a touch of blackpool feel !

yes, maybe ... i still stay in pdb quite often ...
but the impression it made in 2008 was shocking.
very few places (like garbi and some beachbars) improved, but forget the rest ...

... and btw ... sanan isn´t what it used to be (going up) ...:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=52111

... and pdb isn´t what it used to be (went downhill):
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=52191

Yes agreed it has gone downhill regards bars etc, but then Ibiza towns just a short stroll from Jabeque / Algarb where I normally stay, so probably more figuretas than PDB :oops: Its just that the westend does not appeal to me anymore at my age! If you go to sunset cafes regular you got to run the gauntlet with the Pr's, looky, looky's prostitutes etc etc. I prefer to drive in visit the cafes and get out! :eek: :D
You pay your money and make your choice, I suppose! Just my preference / opinion.

I would think that Bodega Los Gatos,by the west end was ideal for people of a certain age,try it...;)

Also I find Don Quijote by the church pretty genteel..

Just an idea,that the sunset bars and the west end are not all that San Antonio has to offer...:idea:

One thing i have to mention about PDB is this little Jamaican cocktail bar along the other end of the beach towards Ibiza Town, great music, amazing cocktails and the guy who runs it is spot on. Fairly small hut but the place is always full, worth a visit if you haven't been.

When I first went to Ibiza in '05 PDB seemed very appealing- Space afters, DC10 nearby, Bora Bora...

Getting up on a wednesday morning and walking along the beach to Space to see Barbara Tucker at In Bed With, Bora Bora when it was better, coming out of Space at 6am on a Monday and going to DC10 at 8am, chilling at Bora Bora- it seemed perfect and all in the one area.

The way things are now i've come to the conclusion that it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't like to have my whole holiday there. Maybe a 4 or 5 day trip, but I think I would get bored with it after that.

I probably will stay down that neck of the woods someday but I think I'd choose to stay in the old town or Figueritas..

I agree! I've stayed in PDB twice now and on both occasions I have found it a bit boring. Its really strange come 12am, when all the music goes off in all the bars and you can hear the conversations of the passers bys. I assume this is due the fact most bars are terrace like.

I'll stick to San An, good selection of bars and the majority are in doors so they can play music after 12am. I spent so much more money in PDB to, i think that mite because we where having to go the clubs at midnight when everywhere went quiet, instead of the usual 2am :lol:

I agree! I've stayed in PDB twice now and on both occasions I have found it a bit boring. Its really strange come 12am, when all the music goes off in all the bars and you can hear the conversations of the passers bys. I assume this is due the fact most bars are terrace like.

I'll stick to San An, good selection of bars and the majority are in doors so they can play music after 12am. I spent so much more money in PDB to, i think that mite because we where having to go the clubs at midnight when everywhere went quiet, instead of the usual 2am :lol:

I didn't know it was like that after midnight... In saying that come to think of it I can remember walking through PDB late and wondering why I never heard much music!

Back