BODYWORKS @ Hï

So first time at Hi yesterday for Bodyworks. I was as sad as many when Space as an icon of my early clubbing years closed shop. That disregarded - and I found that to be possible - I really liked the club! It may also be due to the massive change of design that there is actually no aching memory to Space other than the basic layout. Sound system is brilliant (issues from the beginning seem to be sorted - which could have been expected). Bars were super efficient and staff was friendly. Something happened that will be put down in the history of Ibiza - I got a free alcoholic shot in my drink!!! Waitress did not understand I want plain and simple Coke (makes sense if you read it, doesn‘t it?). Toilets very clean, and a great aircon system that keeps the club fresh and chilly. I read about the massive VIP section and that it harms the experience - yes, it is big, good thing though is you hardly perceive it while you are on the dancefloor. Thinking back to the cordoned-off VIP areas at Space, I think it is actually an improvement.

I know I might have already hurt some feelings with my short review ... but now about the music: Finest tech house (ah the tease) in the theatre, smashing set from Camelphat, great vibes, nice crowd (and very female indeed). The Club room was a no-go area for me personally with Fisher on.

Great night overall with many of my prejudices cleared out!

Last edited:
So first time at Hi yesterday for Bodyworks. I was as sad as many when Space as an icon of my early clubbing years closed shop. That disregarded - and I found that to be possible - I really liked the club! It may also be due to the massive change of design that there is actually no aching memory to Space other than the basic layout. Sound system is brilliant (issues from the beginning seem to be sorted - which could have been expected). Bars were super efficient and staff was friendly. Something happened that will be put down in the history of Ibiza - I got a free alcoholic shot in my drink!!! Waitress did not understand I wanted a plain and simple Coke (makes sense if you read it, doesn‘t it?). Toilets very clean, and a great aircon system that keeps the club fresh and chilly. I read about the massive VIP section and that it harms the experience - yes, it is big, good thing though is you hardly perceive it while you are on the dancefloor. Thinking back to the cordoned-off VIP areas at Space, I think it is actually an improvement.

I know I might have already hurt some feelings with my short review ... but now about the music: Finest tech house (ah the tease) in the theatre, smashing set from Camelphat, great vibes, nice crowd (and very female indeed). The Club room was a no-go area for me personally with Fisher on.

Thanks for the review. It's a shame I miss that party on my 2 trips this year on the Island.

So first time at Hi yesterday for Bodyworks. I was as sad as many when Space as an icon of my early clubbing years closed shop. That disregarded - and I found that to be possible - I really liked the club! It may also be due to the massive change of design that there is actually no aching memory to Space other than the basic layout. Sound system is brilliant (issues from the beginning seem to be sorted - which could have been expected). Bars were super efficient and staff was friendly. Something happened that will be put down in the history of Ibiza - I got a free alcoholic shot in my drink!!! Waitress did not understand I wanted a plain and simple Coke (makes sense if you read it, doesn‘t it?). Toilets very clean, and a great aircon system that keeps the club fresh and chilly. I read about the massive VIP section and that it harms the experience - yes, it is big, good thing though is you hardly perceive it while you are on the dancefloor. Thinking back to the cordoned-off VIP areas at Space, I think it is actually an improvement.

How was it for crowdedness? I found the opening rather jam packed in the rooms themselves (although not too bad to move around outside of them). Back in September and considering going again as I quite enjoyed it in June.

I really want to go to this in September, but it would be following Ushuaia and I don't think the husband will make it through!
I don't suppose they do wristbands or anything once Ushuaia kicks out so we could decide there and then?

Im sure ive read contrasting statements about the lack of air con and it being extremely hot? Maybe they only put air con on for august... who knows

How was it for crowdedness? I found the opening rather jam packed in the rooms themselves (although not too bad to move around outside of them). Back in September and considering going again as I quite enjoyed it in June.
Very busy, not packed, enough room to move and dance.

I really want to go to this in September, but it would be following Ushuaia and I don't think the husband will make it through!
I don't suppose they do wristbands or anything once Ushuaia kicks out so we could decide there and then?
I guess that is no problem at all ... it did not sell out yesterday, it wont probably in September. Wristbands and tickets on sale everywhere close by.

If you don't get one it's one of the cheaper nights anyway, we paid 30e for advance tickets and I think it's 40 on the door.

Very busy, not packed, enough room to move and dance.

Sounds good, if that's how busy it is in August it should be quite nice in September.

Im sure ive read contrasting statements about the lack of air con and it being extremely hot? Maybe they only put air con on for august... who knows

Even when HI is busy it's nowhere near as hot as a busy Pacha/Amnesia imo, Elrow takes the crown by far for unbearable levels of heat.

Back