BODYWORKS @ Hï

Thomas Cliche

I know it will not be a popular night on this forum for obvious reasons... But my understanding from social media activities is that the party had a realy good start yesterday (way better start than Luciano...). I've never seen the club room so jam packed, for Fisher's set! Realy impressive. The vibe looked totaly insane. Some needed fresh air for Ibiza.

Anybody was there? How was the theater?

Stayed in the theatre all night for Camelphat but wish we saw Fisher instead now, seeing people’s videos. Looked a much better vibe.
Curious about the vibe in theatre. I guess it's the same as Prydz last year...for me the vibe was off at that event. Lots of wrestling to get a space and everyone filming.

Maybe I am out of touch, but I saw on one of the Dance or Die line-ups: Fanciulli B2B Camelphat B2B with Solardo! I mean why not just add Fisher into that mix too and have a B2B2B2B 30 minute set!

Maybe I am out of touch, but I saw on one of the Dance or Die line-ups: Fanciulli B2B Camelphat B2B with Solardo! I mean why not just add Fisher into that mix too and have a B2B2B2B 30 minute set!

I think it fits perfectly. fanciulli has been playing that boring sameysame tech-house stuff for ages now. honestly, without his friendship to cox fanciulli would be smaller than solardo are right now.

Looking forward to see how this goes as i reckon this will be my favourite night. The amount of phones out recording on a video from the back that Camelphat have shared on their insta stories is ridiculous, genuinely can see 30-40 phones. Maybe this is the case a lot though and when i'm dancing i'm in my own world ?

It was very very busy with a rather large (but fast moving) queue to get in around 1230.

The theatre had some space around the front left through the entrance from the beer garden but was an absolute nightmare near the back for Camelphat's set. We didn't even attempt to try get through the middle for that as it was far easier to just nip round to the side entrance which puts you right in front of the DJ booth.

The club room had some space at the back left between the bar and the platform but otherwise was the same for the first hour or so of Fisher, it started to thin out a bit after that. I would definitely say the less obvious spots in both rooms tended to be the easiest to move through, all of the closest entrances were jam packed.

Vibe and crowd were decent and better than expected, music-wise it was great if you like the current tech house sound (no massive surprises but decent throughout).

Both rooms started to thin out after Fisher's set, we got the 5am bus back to San Antonio and it was absolutely packed so I would recommend leaving a little bit earlier if you feel like you need a seat or getting a cab as it wasn't the most pleasant of bus rides.

Let's see if these nights continue to do well with Resistance starting up soon. I'm sure there is some overlap between both crowds

HS82 and Eats everything playing in the vista room may sway the crowd over to privi, the acts at Hi, on a Tuesday, rarely mix their sets up

I think it fits perfectly. fanciulli has been playing that boring sameysame tech-house stuff for ages now. honestly, without his friendship to cox fanciulli would be smaller than solardo are right now.
It’s a shame because Fanciulli used to be superb. Love his 2nd Renaissance mix

It’s a shame because Fanciulli used to be superb. Love his 2nd Renaissance mix
He still can be. He has a good business brain. He follows the trend, he’s a long standing promoter going back to his club class days and has maintained very good relationships with clubs, djs and other promoters and that has enabled him to endure in the middle ground. He’s like a modern day Seb Fontaine for bandwagon jumping and relationship building.

He still can be. He has a good business brain. He follows the trend, he’s a long standing promoter going back to his club class days and has maintained very good relationships with clubs, djs and other promoters and that has enabled him to endure in the middle ground. He’s like a modern day Seb Fontaine for bandwagon jumping and relationship building.

he's actually just done a track who I think damian lazarus has been playing, sounded decent and not very 'fanciulli-esque'.

he's actually just done a track who I think damian lazarus has been playing, sounded decent and not very 'fanciulli-esque'.
Yeah, he’s very talented. You have to respect a middle of the road guy that never makes it big but endures and maintains his relevance. Clever guy. I’ve heard him turn out some good sets too. But.....!

See Fontaine last week his set was incredible. Forgot how good of a DJ he was.

See Fontaine last week his set was incredible. Forgot how good of a DJ he was.
His bandwagon jumping was incredible but he nailed it every time. From house to hand bag to hard house to trance to progressive house to deeper house, he evolved and I always enjoyed his stuff post hard house. He got labelled dead mundane during his radio 1 days and I thought that was harsh as I was and remain a fan of deep house and prog but it probably wasn’t best suited to a Saturday early evening audience. I think he suffered from that and a snobbish attitude towards his output. That said, the way he f***ed off his best mate to move to radio 1 was an absolute cunts trick.

Back