Boat overturned salinas

I heard from a reliable source on the island at the time that Cox was stepping from one boat to another and some how he got on the side where everyone were sitting watching the sunset and it just flipped over.. Captain was heard saying Oh no, Oh no, Oh no...

Last edited:
I heard from a reliable source on the island at the time that Cox was stepping from one boat to another and some how he got on the side where everyone were sitting watching the sunset and it just flipped over.. Captain was heard saying Oh no, Oh no, Oh no...
ffs @craig72?, so a fan of the big man? yay or nay??

I think the owner is bankrupt or something - such an eyesore says everything about the state of things, needs to be towed out to sea and scuttled.

I agree with the greens. I don't understand why there hasn't been a salvage operation - is it because the shallow water makes it too difficult from sea or alternatively, could a crane not be installed on the beach? or are all the options just too expensive?

How far is it from the beach, roughly? Are there any hard standings nearby?

It's resting close to the beach, but not close enough. Saw people swimming up to it last August. Must be too deep for a crane to approach and too shallow for a boat to approach. I estimate it must be resting about 30 - 60 feet off shore. Probably half buried in the sand by now (6 months on). Will be expensive to move. The bottom of the boat faces the beach and I first mistook it for a water slide. Did not realize it was a boat until I got this far and turned around. lol.

salinas.png

This subject has been concluded (almost) elsewhere, don't have the energy to find it at the mo....?

I assume the tropical storm from two weeks ago washed it out to deeper waters.

Either that, or @stivi is just being modest. He likely took care of the shipwreck after his picnic. I think he tied it to his beard and walked backwards, dragging it up a mountain trail... nude.
?

Back