*** Blue Marlin ***

perleman

If we go out for closing parties is Blue Marlin still banging at the end of the season? Were going to go there before the penultimate We Love Space on 23rd September...

And do you have to book to go in just to drink & dance or is that just if you're eating?

if you talk about sundays, it is going to be very busy until the very end of the season. it is very very popular.

no need to book in advance unless you want a bed or a table.

if you talk about sundays, it is going to be very busy until the very end of the season. it is very very popular.

no need to book in advance unless you want a bed or a table.

Is it worth going for the music on the Sunday or any other day Nostrum? Was also thinking about checking it out (as an alternative to zoo i.e. out doors party). Won't book a bed this time (100 euro for 2 of us a few years back & we didn't realise we had to pay for a bed. Crapped ourselves when we got the bill!) :twisted: :spank:

Is it worth going for the music on the Sunday or any other day Nostrum?

i'm not a fan to be honest, so i'm probably the wrong person to ask... blue marlin as a location is very nice, but i never particularly like the music there (with very few exceptions) and don't even get me started on the crowd. apart of the opening and closing parties and a few other dates early in the season i avoid bm nowadays.

in the past they had Little Louie Vega on Saturdays... that was a a good party and good music. But he's not there this year it appears.

i'm not a fan to be honest ... blue marlin as a location is very nice,
but i never particularly like the music there (with very few exceptions)
and don't even get me started on the crowd.
apart of the opening and closing parties and a few other dates early in the season
i avoid bm nowadays.
:idea: 8)

never liked cala jondal ... and that "beach" is a joke

and don't even get me started on the crowd.

Please can I get you started in the crowd? :) I have a spare Sunday and did think about it as I've never been before. The first thing that put me off is that I saw a video on YouTube and the dj looked like that guy who used to go out with Sarah from girls aloud ?!? I wasn't sure if the music on the video was actually the music being played - it was an opening party I think and the crowd looked like (rich/faux hippy) people maybe some locals? I'm not sure if this is good or bad or if this reflects the season

well if you've never been then i suggest you go and have a look! as i said, the place as such is really nice, there's nothing negative to say about that IMO.

the crowd is just not my cuppa tea.

well if you've never been then i suggest you go and have a look! as i said, the place as such is really nice, there's nothing negative to say about that IMO.

the crowd is just not my cuppa tea.

When we went in 2008 we went in the day so didn't really notice the crowd. No one was dancing or anything and the music was just chilled. That was the last time I went. So if you can, elaborate on the type of people? Up their own bums? :spank:

I went last year when Louie Vega was playing. I personally like the deep soulful house so i enjoyed the music. It was August and the crowd was REALLY Italian. I didn't have to reserve anything just walked in and bought a few very expensive drinks. I believe Kerri Chandler is booked for this coming Sunday, July 29. That should be great music if you are into House with deep basslines and soulful vocals! My cup of Tea :lol::D:eek::p

oh i didn't say any bad thing about cala jondal ...
and i didn´t say that you said "any bad thing about cala jondal". :twisted:

just said I never liked cala jondal beach-wise.

ps:
but like the buddha-fountain @ bm-parking :p

... regarding the question "How late in the season is Blue Marlin busy ?"

:arrow:
last year blue marlin was the first beachbar at cala jondal that closed.
the other 3 stayed open much longer

Sounds worth a punt chaps, main consideration is that it's buy, I loved the music and crowd last time, each 2 their own. Long time stivi, 2009??

Blue Marlin 2012

Hi there,

Long time lurker coming out to ask a question - This may have been asked before but I couldn't find it on the search function so apols if it's a duplicate.

There seem to be some ace line-ups at the Blue Marlin this year (SNEAK!) Does anyone know times (ish) i.e. is it a daytime party, plus is there a fee on the door? I haven't been since 2006 when it was just a bar by the sea, that happened to play decent music whilst you sunbathed, it looks like a decent party these days!

Thanks in advance :)

Back