Blue Marlin/Km5

shoneyman

Hiya.

I'm just new on here (first post), I'm heading over to Ibiza in 9 days (for the first time).

I've got a rough schedule fixed out, but I've got the following questions.

We're looking at the Blue Marlin, and I'm wondering if it's the kind of place you can spend the whole day at. The plan is to arrive mid-afternoon, do a bit sunbathing/swimming, have some drinks then a meal, then spend the rest of the night until closing time.
Is this practical?
The clothes I'll be wearing for sunbathing are obviously different from the clothes I'll be wearing at night, so do they have a place to store stuff and get changed.
If going for a meal and drinks at night, how 'dressy' are you expected to be?

I was also thinking of spending a similar day at Km5 (but maybe arriving a bit later).

Any help would be appreciated :)

Steven

you can defo do the whole day thing at Blue marlin

not sure of a cloakroom as such but if you take a small bag with you then it'll be fine with you in most areas.

dress code, don't worry to much about that. as long as you're not in your bikini whilst the starters come out, it'll be cool.

only thing to tell you is that the full day will be expensive. sun lougers are €10, beds €50, €4-8 for a drinks, cocktails more, about 100€ upwards for 2 people having 3 courses and wine. it'll all add up.

i know you might have other plans but sunday is the best day by far.

KM5 is obviously much different. meal and drinks and a bit of poncing around is what you'll get. as a guide, something like 7-10€ for a mixer/cocktail

Hiya. That's brilliant, cheers for the info.:D

I checked out the link, it looks exactly as I'd imagined (excellent in other words)!

The sunday could be a problem though. We're planning on doing Pacha (Pacha Classics, is this a wise choice?), so looking to spend late afternoon and evening in Ibiza Town (we're going to be based in San An).

Was thinking either Friday or Saturday for the Blue Marlin (any thoughts?). Not got any big club nights planned on these 2 days.

I realise a full day will be expensive, but that's not really a big issue. I just want to have the best time possible! I work hard all year, so I don't mind spending a bit of cash when I'm on holiday!! To be honest, the cocktail/drinks and meal prices sound similar to what I pay on a night out in Glasgow (my local 'city'), so I'll be used to it 8)

Cheers

Steven

the vibe is generally the same at BM, jsut a bit more up for it at certain times.

check when you arrive on the island. sometimes there are more clubby type events that would keep you dancing till 4am.

space is the typical place to go on sunday or louie vega at el divino as another option.

pacha classics is fine, i'm sure you'd enjoy that too but space has a lot more to offer.

Hiya. Thanks again for the info, it's certainly given me a better idea of what to expect.

Having never been before, we're totally going over with our eyes shut! I've based our clubbing nights on previous experience with certain DJ's, and the type of music I actually like.

We're only going for a week, and we're looking at doing 3 'big' clubbing nights; Tiesto @ Privilige, PVD @ Amnesia and Pacha Classics.

The other nights we'll probably just spend the whole night at pre-club bars. I've checked out some of these, and particularly like the looks of Mambo, Kumharas, Kanya and Savannah (and, as mentioned, Blue Marlin). Basically somewhere we can sit and drink beer/cocktails, but listen to decent music and hit the dancefloor every now and again!

I also think I need to get this idea of a 'dress code' out my head. I generally do my clubbing in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London, and usually make a effort getting a bit dressed up. The idea of going clubbing in shorts seems bizzare!

Also, am I correct in saying that Space is generally a 'daytime' after-club place, or am I talking rubbish!

Only 4 days to go. Bring it on!!

Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya. Thanks again for the info, it's certainly given me a better idea of what to expect.

Having never been before, we're totally going over with our eyes shut! I've based our clubbing nights on previous experience with certain DJ's, and the type of music I actually like.

We're only going for a week, and we're looking at doing 3 'big' clubbing nights; Tiesto @ Privilige, PVD @ Amnesia and Pacha Classics.

The other nights we'll probably just spend the whole night at pre-club bars. I've checked out some of these, and particularly like the looks of Mambo, Kumharas, Kanya and Savannah (and, as mentioned, Blue Marlin). Basically somewhere we can sit and drink beer/cocktails, but listen to decent music and hit the dancefloor every now and again!

I also think I need to get this idea of a 'dress code' out my head. I generally do my clubbing in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London, and usually make a effort getting a bit dressed up. The idea of going clubbing in shorts seems bizzare!

Also, am I correct in saying that Space is generally a 'daytime' after-club place, or am I talking rubbish!

Steven

until this year, Space used to be a daytime / after hours club :cry: :cry: thats what it was famous for. Some of my favourite memories were dancing in the sunshine at 10:00 am at Matinee or early afternoon on Sundays.

this year it has all changed, nothing can open until 16:30 at space, which then really, it does mean no more daytime clubbing! boo!

but anyway, nothing we can do.. i'm sure you'll have an amazing trip. I'm looking forward to my trip immensely!!!

Steven
Savannah and Mambo are right next to each other and Kanya is about 5 mins walk away along the coast line, all around sunset strip so you can have a dip in all of them and see which you prefer, it's a great vibe around there at sunset, also, further into San An (past the West End area and harbour) is another row of bars/clubs starting with Plastic (bar), Eden and Es Paradis (clubs) and then lots more great bars like Bar M, Itacas, Linekar's (not everyone's cup of tea) so be sure to take a walk around the bay in San An on the nights your not heading for a main club. Space is a great club so def check it out. I'd probably say if your going to Amnesia for PVD, Tiesto at Privilege and Pacha thats a good mix of nights and venes to try out for your first hol in ibiza. I've not been to Blue M but looks good, I def want to go next time, post a review when you get back. It's def great to party in whatever you want to wear, no dress codes!

God, I wish I had found this forum 2 or 3 months ago, rather than just last week!

Still, better late than never eh!

That's a shame about Space. I really like the idea of going somewhere afterwards for a few hours just to wind down (although, that would depend on what music they're playing, could end up even more hyper). I'm sure we've all had this problem, but I really struggle to sleep directly after a nights clubbing :eek:

So aye, we arrive early on Wednesday afternoon (brilliant flight times). The plan for Wednesday is to have a wee 'reccy' mission around San An. Basically have a few drinks in each bar, and work out which ones we like (probably all of them ;)). I think I'll be steering clear of the West End though, doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea. I pefer things a bit classier!

Itaca and Bar M are just along from the hotel (hotel Hawaii), so they'll be getting hit first!

I'm glad my choice of club nights seems to be decent. PVD and Tiesto have never let me down yet, and I was told by a friend that Pacha was his favourite club on the island, so that was the basis for my choices.

I'll definitely post a review of the Blue Marlin when I'm back. I've gained a lot of info from this forum, so if I can help anyone else, it'll be a pleasure 8)

Your staying at the Hawaii, nice location, I stay at the Bellamar just behind it, its right on the beach and its a really short walk into the centre of San An so I'm sure you'll love it, have a great time! 8)

Funnily enough, the Bellamar was actually our first choice. We were looking for a hotel in that part of town, and the Bellamar gets marginally better reviews. But it was fully booked, so we went for the Hawaii instead.

Like the looks of the location, and the fact it's slightly out from the centre of town. Although I don't imagine I'll be getting much sleep, when I do sleep, I like it to be nice and quite. Otherwise I end up like a bear with a sore head :evil:

Looks like good views as well, looking over the bay towards the centre (we paid extra for a sea view room).

Got to have a good view from your balcony ;)

can i recommend bay bar, as you're nearby.

good grub, nice cocktails, plenty of space to chill during the day.

cracking bar.8)

Hiya Grego

Cheers for the recommendation, although I didn't actually it get until after I came back!

I actually really liked the Bay Bar, spent quitea few enjoyable hours there. I've written a review in the Clubbing Reviews forum, and mentioned the Bay Bar as being one of my favourite bars in the resort for various reasons. I've also written a bit about the Blue Marlin as well (didn't manage to get to Km5).

Have a wee read, and let us know what you think. Cheers!

Back