Blatant Drug Use

beatpusher

Ibiza authorities said that "blatant drug use" was one of the reasons for closing down DC10 and clamping down on hours. I also witnessed several cases of that on my trip last year.

While I thought it was fine (for the most part), I wonder if this was the case 10 or 15 years ago? Was it this out in the open?

It all depends on how you define "drug use" isnt it?? The Hippies were constantly open about the way they smoked. Holidaymaker Alcohol abuse is very much prevalent in the west end.

There is a left wing environmental element in Ibiza that wants the Island to be free of its hedonistic image so the police have to look like they are doing something about it.

DC10 were an ideal club to make an example off as they didnt play the ball Ibiza style.

A lot has to do with politics on the Island and it would take Stephen Hawkins to work out the logic behind that complicated web of characters and ideologies.

They can more or less legalise brothels to traffic human beings into a life of hell, but at they same time raise their morals to disdain drugs......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

the only blatent stuff I have seen in over 10 years is people falling around twa**ed in the clubs, but to be fair you could say that a lot of that could have been down to alcohol abuse too .... (although at Ibiza prices....:confused:

Seen several k hole victims over the past few years, but not seen anyone blatently snorting coke off various parts of supermodels in public etc etc.... although what goes on in villas/super VIP sections is likely to be another thing altogether....;)

The most pro-drug things I have seen are t shirts for sale promoting drugs :lol::lol::lol:

It all depends on how you define "drug use" isnt it?? The Hippies were constantly open about the way they smoked.

Indeed very true as i well remember during my early years spent on Ibiza going off track along the old main road San Carles - Ibiza town & helping myself along with other's to weed:D. The plants were left growing wildly after the hippies moved on & thus those were another reason for happy times being on Ibiza:lol:

Indeed very true as i well remember during my early years spent on Ibiza going off track along the old main road San Carles - Ibiza town & helping myself along with other's to weed:D. The plants were left growing wildly after the hippies moved on & thus those were another reason for happy times being on Ibiza:lol:

Are those plants still growing out in the wild in large numbers? that's awesome.

It all depends on how you define "drug use" isnt it?? The Hippies were constantly open about the way they smoked. Holidaymaker Alcohol abuse is very much prevalent in the west end.

There is a left wing environmental element in Ibiza that wants the Island to be free of its hedonistic image so the police have to look like they are doing something about it.

DC10 were an ideal club to make an example off as they didnt play the ball Ibiza style.

A lot has to do with politics on the Island and it would take Stephen Hawkins to work out the logic behind that complicated web of characters and ideologies.

They can more or less legalise brothels to traffic human beings into a life of hell, but at they same time raise their morals to disdain drugs......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, obviously I'm talking about illegal drugs. We also know that there is always politics involved.

But back to the original question. when I was talking in playa den bossa i almost felt like it was Amsterdam for a while with all these dudes whispering **** at me. was it that "in your face" 15 years ago?

But back to the original question. when I was talking in playa den bossa i almost felt like it was Amsterdam for a while with all these dudes whispering **** at me. was it that "in your face" 15 years ago?

Been going since 2000 and it was probably less in your face when i was there last year than usual times. Granted this was opening parties so the island wasn't quite in full swing yet. But yeah it's always been widely open.

I think people are more paranoid about it now because of the clamp downs.

It's always been blatant though - and the stop and search tactics were also in place a decade ago.

this bit doesn't make sense - sounds like you're saying lefty-greens are on the side of the cops...

this bit doesn't make sense - sounds like you're saying lefty-greens are on the side of the cops...

I would have thought the cops are on the side of the big businessmen.....

To keep the Lefty greens happy they throw the dog a bone every now and again.......

But everybody knows that the dog always wags the Tail.........not the other way round:lol:

Im sure there is some Spanish or Catalan phrase for the above?

I would have thought the cops are on the side of the big businessmen.....

To keep the Lefty greens happy they throw the dog a bone every now and again.......

But everybody knows that the dog always wags the Tail.........not the other way round:lol:

Im sure there is some Spanish or Catalan phrase for the above?

mierda total?

Back