Blackburn Rave Documentary

Wow - nice one Buckers.

That scene was supposed to be very different to the fluff in London and the M25.

I've read so much about it over the years so will be nice to see a docco.

Didn't they give birth to Sasha? (when everyone thought he was God?)

Wow - nice one Buckers.

That scene was supposed to be very different to the fluff in London and the M25.

Yeah there's a photo of him at one in 1990 on that site.

Spent many happy hours chasing around Lancashire after a night at the Red Parrot.

One of the best was at an old cattle auction place, dancing amongst pig sh*t and all sorts!

Will lookforward to seeing this.

Wow - nice one Buckers.

yup that and the hacienda follwed by shelleys!

we were laughing at youtube clips of shelleys new years eve 90/91 trying to pick ourselves out in the crowd

the words in the 20 second intro say it all, triumph over of adversity, a proper revolution!! 8)

yes him and his girlfriend emma were in ibiza (i seem to remember?) and were hit by a car on their moped

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought back a lot of fond memories for me(and one or two not-so-fond!). We used to meet up at a little club called Monroe's in Great Harwood between Blackburn and Accrington. There were always hundreds more people in the car park than there were in the club! I had one of the best nights of my life at a warehouse in Accrington, dancing all night and then being allowed to leave peacefully by the police.:D

A few weeks later, after the tabloids had whipped up the authorities into an absolute frenzy, we were at an illegal rave in a warehouse in Nelson. People were starting to leave when the police charged in through the only set of double doors with batons ready, screaming what could only be described as "battle-cries", and were supported by mounted police and dogs. I escaped with five stitches in the back of my head and a concussion, my brother with a badly gashed mouth and a few smashed teeth.

On Granada Reports and Look NorthWest that evening it showed nothing like that, just a few wide-eyed ravers fighting to free themselves from the melee and a few stones being thrown.:evil:

Nice piece, grego.

Lets hope the difficultie can be overcome to complete the project.

Is that an existing spotlight forumite near the end of the second clip saying "this is the gateway to the dancefloor"? :D

roffe, not me.:D:D

I thinking a forumite who sports hair of the same colour and has matching user name. I was basing my guess on photos posted by puppylover from sw4!

That bbc clip is brilliant.

Back