Bit of help with the ol' Hierbas!!!

StevieG

Please, please can someone help me?

I bought a couple of bottles of Hierbas back with me as I love the stuff. Being a smart Alec instead of buying a plain bottle, I plumped for the fancy ones with the taps on. I bought a litre bottle and also a 1/2 litre.

Upon arriving home I attempted to pour myself out a shot using the tap and to my horror nothing happened. Now you have to use the tap as the cork at the top of the bottle is sealed by wax. Thinking I may have a faulty bottle I tried the 1/2 litre bottle to find exactly the same problem :x .

If I open the tap up and blow or suck I can get Hierbas out but obviously this is not practical. I really hope someone can help as I don't want to have to smash the top of the bottle off. (Should have gone for the bloody cheap one now :rolleyes: )

Absolute nightmare - a horror story of the highest order !!!!!!!!!!

I was getting stuck into the Duty Free Hierbas last night . .. thankfully I just had to take the top off and pour it out.

I have not come across the tap top style before so I can't help, just sympathise.

Its my last visit to Ibiza for this year in Septmber so a bottle of Frigola, one of Absinthe and another couple of Hierbas will be on the cards I reckon.

It's a local apertif made from local herbs which is where "hierbas" comes from - i think, similar in my opinion to a smoother form of Pernod if i had to compare it to something.

It's easy to drink and gives a nice warm glow.

Also nice as a chaser to very cold bottles of beer.

Someone must have bought one of these before. Its so frustrating would love to sink a few tonight and don't want to just use the bottle as an expensive ornament :p

Hopefully McRackin or Stephen may be able to help :rolleyes:

Turn the tap at 90 degree angle only (I think) or maybe 180..... and you should get it to work.
If you turn the tap to its max, you have closed it again.
Let me know if it works.....
;)

celine said:
Turn the tap at 90 degree angle only (I think) or maybe 180..... and you should get it to work.
If you turn the tap to its max, you have closed it again.
Let me know if it works.....
;)

Thanks for the reply. Pretty sure I've done that. Do you have to leave it for a few seconds before anything comes out??? I will have to have another go when I get home this evening!!!!

I've been mucking round with it loads so hope I havn't broken the tap!!!!

Still not working.

:evil: Theres got to be a way for it to work, I can't have two faulty bottles in different sizes!!!

gotta say Stevie. Showing some marvellous self control with the alcohol there mate! :lol:

some people on here (u know who u are!) ;) would have been chewing the bottleneck by now :lol:

nish said:
gotta say Stevie. Showing some marvellous self control with the alcohol there mate! :lol:

some people on here (u know who u are!) ;) would have been chewing the bottleneck by now :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I tell you something for nothing, when I go back out in September I won't be picking up any bottles with a so.dding tap on.

Just one with a nice plain screw off lid :p

Stevie

Your hierbas situation has now taken on cult and legendary status in our household.

I couldn't open the HP Sauce bottle on Saturday morning and you were mentioned then the front door stuck on Sunday and you were brought into the conversation again. . . . . .

Seriously though, best of luck in your ongoing quest . . . .

Terrier said:
Stevie

Your hierbas situation has now taken on cult and legendary status in our household.

I couldn't open the HP Sauce bottle on Saturday morning and you were mentioned then the front door stuck on Sunday and you were brought into the conversation again. . . . . .

Seriously though, best of luck in your ongoing quest . . . .

:lol: :lol:

Something along the lines of........ " its like that daft tw.at StevieG on spotlight who can't get his Hierbas open?" :lol:

:lol:

Pretty much like that mate. I promise you its very good natured.

Strangely enough you were not mentioned as I deftly and very easily removed the screw top off my Hierbas bottle to take a long slug on Saturday night :D

You must be close to giving the top a good battering and pouring the drink off into an airtight container by now ?

Back