biggest dj name in ibiza

what are you basing this on?

I think its common knowledge really.

The scene has shrunk I think since cream etc ruled the roost mid/late nineties, seems to have gone two ways, back underground (loads of good night nights attracting 100's at least that thankfully dont get near mainstream press) or fully commercial (cream cd's with the star, head kandi flights etc).

"...
Nightclub quizzes revellers

A nightclub has quizzed its revellers on their clubbing favourites and has lined up a series of summer events in line with the results.

Batchwood Hall in St Albans polled more than 1,000 clubbers and revealed that Ibiza was their favourite resort outside the UK with 62 per cent of them naming it in their top two.

The most popular DJ emerged as Judge Jules with 45 per cent of people naming him in their top five. But Dave Pearce, DJ Sammy and Rodger Sanchez followed closely.

Energy 52's Café Del Mar was the dance track most clubbers would want to hear on a night out with 22 per cent naming it in their top five all-time classic club anthems.

Other popular choices included William Orbit's Barber's Adagio for Strings, Josh Wink's Higher State of Consciousness, Faithless's Insomnia, and Underworld's Born Slippy.

With the poll results in mind Batchwood Hall is now being transformed into a mini-Ibiza every Friday night during July and August to bring some of that sunshine vibe to St Albans amid the grey clouds and rain.

Up for grabs every other week, including this coming Friday, July 27, is the chance to jet off to Ibiza for a three-day clubbing trip with VIP tickets to some of the best clubs.

Batchwood general manager Rob Swain said:
"The poll revealed that Ibiza and everything linked to it, including the DJs who play there, the clubs they play in and the tracks they play, are extremely popular.
We have therefore decided to go big this summer by putting on a number of Ibiza-based nights.
..."

http://www.herts24.co.uk/content/he...ewshadnew&itemid=WEED23 Jul 2007 13:08:37:827

Judge Jules and Dave Pearce :)evil::evil::evil::evil:) are pretty well known too. Carl Cox must be on level pegging with Tongy too.

But I would imagine Jules and Pearce's appeal is mostly limited to the British crowd, Tong and Cox would have a much more international appeal. Amazed nobody has mentioned van Dyk or Tiesto yet.

"...
DJ Trial

Thursday saw the start of the trial of the French DJ involved in an accident
in Ca na Negreta in August last year.

The public prosecution team is asking for a two year jail sentence,
after the defendant subsequently failed a breath-test.

The accident occurred as the DJ was on his way to perform in a disco.
Sources claim he tried to overtake a taxi at more than 100 kmph,
in an area with a maximum speed limit of 60kmph.
As he tried to pass the taxi, which was carrying passengers to Na Xamena,
he rammed into the back of the vehicle causing it to collide with a wall.

Three of the occupants required hospital treatment, and the French driver
was arrested after he returned a positive breath-test (0.90mg/l).

An officer who was at the scene explained in court that the only thing
which mattered to the DJ was getting to the disco in time to play,
or else he would lose the €6,000 he had been promised.

The defendant failed to show up to the trial.
..."
(ibiza-sun)

which dj was it ?

... must be a big name if he gets 6000 ****ing euros for a gig !

hmmmm....the only one i can think of are the guys from justice, but they got driven to the gig, as do most DJs, especially if you're getting 6 grand for it.

something doesn't add up with the story...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt say Morillo would be anywhere close the biggest DJ, if I asked my mates who were just casual listeners of dance music, or even some of those who holidayed in Ibiza and other places they probably wouldnt know of Morillo, yet they'd be able to name Jules, PvD, Guetta, Tiesto, Tong, AvB... not necessarily the best, but the biggest as far as being well-known

Apart from cheesy guetta, Bob sinclair, Martin Solveig and Monsieur Garnier i cant think of any other French Dj's :confused:

Oh, and Jean Michelle Jarre (?) :lol:

Dan Ghenacia, Ivan Smagghe, Dj Mehdi & Busy P, Justice, Miss Kitten, Dimitri from Paris to name a few.

The words Garnier and Bob Sinclar should never be in the same sentence!

Yeah, some good shouts there. Ivan Smagghe is ace. Dimitri from Paris is like the French equivalent of Joey Negro - borderline cheesy at times but always plays good party sets. Always turns up in a tux, for which he commands my enduring respect.

guetta is an unbelievable kunt.

The Bono of dance music, basically.

Back