Best travel agent?

Clara

Ok folks, I'm heading off into town on my lunchbreak to try to book a holiday (or at least start to!).

Out of all the highstreet travel agents, are there any in particular you would recommend? I'm really after ones that don't do supliments if you fly from Glasgow and have lots of lovely special offers on.

I always find it cheaper plus you have more flexibility and choice if you book flights and accomodation separately, I never bother with travel agents these days.

I'm just finding what with flying from Glasgow that it might be cheaper to go for a travel agent. I suppose it depends what you want, as with some places (Atzaro) it is well cheaper to do it separately, however the Jet is well cheaper if you go through a travel agent.

I always book by travel agent cause like you I prefer to fly from either Edinburgh or Glasgow. I always book by hols with Sibbald Travel House as they will try to find you a holiday by checking all tour operators, ie, Thomson, Thomas Cook etc ets

This year it cost me £488 each to fly from Glasgow for 2 weeks in September staying at Calo Des Moro. Its cheaper than last year (£510) however when I booked (November) I found availability and choice was not that great :( Happy with what I got though :p

Good luck and remember to report back to let us know how you got on ;)

I always book with Co-op Travelcare and they always fine me a good deal, infact ive never had to pay over £400 for a fortnight, if you tell them ur budget they will sort it out for you

Browneyedgirl said:
I always book with Co-op Travelcare and they always fine me a good deal, infact ive never had to pay over £400 for a fortnight, if you tell them ur budget they will sort it out for you

Sounds good.

Just been into Thomas Cook and they were trying to charge well over £500 even for the jet because of under-occupancy.

macdonsj said:
Just.co.uk don't charge supplements and have no annoying reps but choice is limited with them

Thanks, that's a great site.

Don't suppose you know of any others who don't charge under-occupancy?

kitten's head said:
macdonsj said:
Just.co.uk don't charge supplements and have no annoying reps but choice is limited with them

Thanks, that's a great site.

Don't suppose you know of any others who don't charge under-occupancy?

No chance! I looked EVERYWHERE!

Swiss Taff still working as a travel agent?

I don't really use travel agents for Ibiza. I just book flights either with GB Airways, Easyjet or Brittania and then book the accom direct with the Hotel Argos. It works out a lot cheaper.

Try Ibiza Travel Shop. They are based in Ibiza and I think their website is www.ibizatravelshop.com. They are dead helpful in there with everything such as accom and flights - whatever you want. Best time to call them is 8.30am English time and they are English so no probs there for you no go Spanish speaking folk!!!

:confused: :confused:

We booked our holiday to Ibiza this year and got stung by under-occupancy as well, the joys of going away as a couple I guess....

It actually doesn't really matter which of the high street travel agents you decide to use, as they all use the same system and tour operators to retrieve prices. What you should be aware of is the fact that if you decide to use the likes of Lunn Poly, they will try to sell you a thomson holiday more than any other operator, and if you use going places they will try to sell you an airtours holiday. You are probably better sticking to the independants as they aren't as likely to have a tour operator as a parent company.

Keep you eye out for certain agents offering various discounts at this time of year, for example travel care was recently giving off £50 per booking but usually if you tell another travel agent this they will try to price match it for you anyway! ;)

Good luck!

Back