Best restaurants

scarletjim

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I mean a specific sort of restaurant - somewhere that serves food I'll never have had elsewhere with ingredients I'd not have thought to put together etc. I hate going to restaurants only to be served with something I could make myself at home! And I hate bland food.

This year I'll be in Playa Den Bossa one week, then Santa Eulalia the next week - any good ideas? I've heard of Casa Colonial in SE, but nothing else in these places to write home about... :?:

In Santa Eulalia try Bistro Cote Sud behind Restaurant Street, Pura Vida at Niu Blau beach and for the best pizzas and pastas, La Cucina in the Marina. I don't have to tell you where to go for the best drinks! ;)

Cheers for that, I googled these suggestions to get a few opinions etc and now have a list of about 7 or 8 possibilities, so many thanks. And don't worry, we'll definitely pop in your place for a few drinks during our week in SE. :)

I'm guessing no one is gonna have much special to suggest for PDB?

I mean a specific sort of restaurant - somewhere that serves food I'll never have had elsewhere with ingredients I'd not have thought to put together etc.
sounds like la paloma in san lorenzo to me..... not far away from santa eulalia if you have a car!! :idea:

btw, during the last month i have been eating in can juanito, s'embarcador, the old smugglers inn, la bodega, la paloma, JDs, subway, el rincón de pepe and tentazione.....

in santa eulalia go to "la llesca" on the marina..the best in santa eulalia,better than bistrot coté sud for me...

Try Es Ventall in San Antonio- although I'm sure you'll recognise some of the flavour combinations the way they put it together is as visually stunning as it is flavoursome!!!

I can definitely recommend Soleado in Figueretas, on Paseo Ses Pitiusas. I know, not in PDB but very close, you can walk there from PDB. We had a meal there last summer and it was SO delicious! It was quite romantic as well :)

Again - not quite in PDB but go to Figueretas and try Cafe America. From the outside looks like your usual cheap and chearful eatery but the food is AMAZING! Oh and the wine!!!!!!!!!

Lots of amazing seafood, white linens, try the chicory salad to start with walnuts and blue cheese dip (share it though - its huge), and/or the padrones peppers.

Enough said - cant wait til I'm there next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ma favorite french restaurant in ibiza...do you know if the owners are still in ibiza?maybe another restaurant?

f59c3a.gif

... last month i have been eating in ...subway ...

ma favorite french restaurant in ibiza...do you know if the owners are still in ibiza?maybe another restaurant?

Unlikely I would have thought. I think that Alex the owner was pretty disillusioned with Ibiza. I saw him around a bit in April but I haven't seen him since so he may have headed back to the mainland or France.

Unlikely I would have thought. I think that Alex the owner was pretty disillusioned with Ibiza. I saw him around a bit in April but I haven't seen him since so he may have headed back to the mainland or France.

so i will try the spanish tapas next month.and before i will have a drink at liquido8)

sounds like la paloma in san lorenzo to me..... not far away from santa eulalia if you have a car!! :idea:

Right, I'm just starting to google some more of these suggestions now, and this one confuses me - when I look for San Lorenzo on a map, it seems to be north of Santa Eulalia, and in the middle of Ibiza not on the coast. Yet when I click on Trip Advisor, it has an address for La Paloma that is on the main road between Ibiza Town and Playa Den Bossa! Are these two different restaurants of the same name? Can anyone shed any light? :confused:

two different restaurants, yes..... the one you are looking for is in the little village of san lorenzo, right next to the school!! :idea:

Back