best place to download music?

gilesy87

Hi all,

Where is the best place to legally download full length songs for the use to DJ with?
I have tried itunes but they do not have the newest music out, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Youtube??? He did say legally and with the probs that particular site has had recently, I'd leave it well alone....

Definitely beatport. As it keeps all your downloads on file so you can redownload them.

Very handy if you accidently delete an entire years worth of tunes like i did yesterday...

:spank:

Youtube??? He did say legally and with the probs that particular site has had recently, I'd leave it well alone....

Definitely beatport. As it keeps all your downloads on file so you can redownload them.

Very handy if you accidently delete an entire years worth of tunes like i did yesterday...

:spank:

why YouTube is a legal site,it's the biggest music video website on the Internet,i get majority of my music there, used to use Soulseek but it aint half as good as YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
But can you actually download the tunes from youtube enabling you to use them in a dj set? Didn't think you could

Well you could if you used certain software. That would break the terms and conditions mind you, and it would be pretty naff quality I would imagine

Cheers for the info guys, but im stll having trouble finding a few tracks. For instance on Beatport and others they wont let you download e.g Pryda - Pjanoo. How do you get these tracks?

Well you could if you used certain software. That would break the terms and conditions mind you, and it would be pretty naff quality I would imagine

terms and conditions, f**k that **** does anyone really care, this is the Internet,millions of people download music from YouTube.

Cheers for the info guys, but im stll having trouble finding a few tracks. For instance on Beatport and others they wont let you download e.g Pryda - Pjanoo. How do you get these tracks?

If the track hasnt been officialy released it wont be on legal DL sites.......

terms and conditions, f**k that **** does anyone really care, this is the Internet,millions of people download music from YouTube.

If you want to use the music for DJing, youtube is the wrong option!! Traxsource, Beatport, Click Goove or just type it in google and see what mp3 sites are hosting it....and the sound quality will be much better 8)

I've been using Limewire.
They have the Pryda track on there.

Regarding quality it seems ok to me, I think you have check the bitrate figure.

Wouldn't downloading from youtube use up a lot of memory in your computer as I assume you have to download the video too?
Or can you just get the music?

If you want to use the music for DJing, youtube is the wrong option!! Traxsource, Beatport, Click Goove or just type it in google and see what mp3 sites are hosting it....and the sound quality will be much better 8)

No it's not mate, majority of my downloads are from YouTube and ive dj'ed with absolutely no problems and the sound quality is great for the most part, you just need to ensure the YouTube file your downloading has good sound quality, to hell with paying for MP3's when they are available for free.;)

I've been using Limewire.
They have the Pryda track on there.

Regarding quality it seems ok to me, I think you have check the bitrate figure.

Wouldn't downloading from youtube use up a lot of memory in your computer as I assume you have to download the video too?
Or can you just get the music?

Yeah you download the video first then use the program link i posted and then convert to MP3 then simply delete the YouTube video meaning you wont be taking up extra space on your Laptop/PC..

Back