Best local Beer??

correct me if i'm wrong but none of the main beers available in ibiza (cruzcampo, san miguel, estrella) could be classed as "Ibiza Beers" as you call them SiofShrews

grego said:
correct me if i'm wrong but none of the main beers available in ibiza (cruzcampo, san miguel, estrella) could be classed as "Ibiza Beers" as you call them SiofShrews

This is true, grego. Few areas in Spain have local beers, like Alhambra in the south and Moritz in Barcelona, but other brands are national ones.
The thing is that in some regions there's a big presence of one brand and in other regions there's massive presence of other brands, for example in Catalonia it's mainly Estrella and San Miguel, while in Madrid is mainly Maho and Cruzcampo.
Mine would be MOritz all the way :D

i'm an alhambra man myself but i recall years ago in the canary islands that it was almost impossible to buy anything else bar 'tropical' beer.

Now Cruzcampo and Mahou are bloody good beers!!

I never meant local beers, i mis-phrased it, just interpret the fact i meant best beers usually found in Ibiza, its not everyday you drink Mahou down the Nags head is it !!! lol

MUESTRAMEZQUITA.jpg

come to daddy..................

best local beer

San Miguel...does not really come from spain,as for Cruzcampo you can keep it.funny taste to it,amstel ,,is that the way you spell it,,is nice..infact any beer would do me now,enjoy your pint,

Estrella i think is my overall fave!! ... Its really refreshing in the heat,... o ther lagers come quite sharp, whereas Estrella really hits the spot, its cool ... a really nice after taste ... awwhh 23 days, and ill be there sipping a nice cool estrella :D

well i'm just going for a few nice refreshing vino tinto's con gaseosa's as the doctor here in ibiza prescirbed for a little bit of high blood pressure. (don't get prescriptions like that in the u.k)

wnn670 said:
san miguel in litre bottles, estrella on pint.

bloody gorgeous both of them

Ack ... last night in ibiza last year, i drank a few to many of them ... they were so easy to drink, and boy did i pay for it the next day on the plane ooo never again am i drinking it in that proportion loll.

Just for your information, Ibosim is the only one made in Ibiza at this time (apart from, maybe, some home-brewing experiments). They do Ales, IPA, Porter, etc You can buy bottles in restaurants, some markets and shops all year, and meet the brewers and try them on tap in Sant Joan's winter market. The taproom in the Brewhouse in Port des Torrent is open from spring to fall.

Let me invite everyone interessed in craft beers to join my blog: http://ibizabeerfriends.wordpress.com/ and our FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ibizabeer/

Pau Kokura from @Ibizabeer

Last edited:
Yeah,I was meant to visit the tap room in port des torrent last year but I didn't make. I will defiantly find time this year..

Back