Best Curry House Down Brick Lane?

Redssessions

Can anyone help? Looking for a decent Curry House down brick lane when we next visit!

Anyone help?!

Also, what's Hoxton actually like?! You hear people ranting and raving about it!!

They're all awful! Brick Lane is to curry like San Antonio is to house!

Go to tayaabs instead ;)

Go to tayaabs instead ;)
Is that the one another couple blocks up Whitechapel and down the street to the right?

I was on Brick Lane one evening last time I was in London and decided to grab a quick curry. Found out about that place whilst searching the 'net on my phone to figure out which restaurant to go to. Unfortunately, when I trekked over there, I found that it was packed and there was a queue outside to get a table :!: Definitely book ahead if you can!

Yeah they're all much of a muchness , all got fake curry of the year awards etc. The thing is theyre cheap , you can blag a round of drinks and 20% off sometimes. the only one i can remember the name of was the Nasrul that ive been to. have heard to avoid the big one Preem at all costs

I would also 100% recommend Tayaabs. Went there last NYE on a trip to London. A taxi driver told us about it. We said we were going to Brick Lane for a curry and he said would we mind if he took us to Tayaabs instead and it was absolutely fantastic.

Is that the one another couple blocks up Whitechapel and down the street to the right?

I was on Brick Lane one evening last time I was in London and decided to grab a quick curry. Found out about that place whilst searching the 'net on my phone to figure out which restaurant to go to. Unfortunately, when I trekked over there, I found that it was packed and there was a queue outside to get a table :!: Definitely book ahead if you can!

Sounds about right!

And as a hot tip when ordering...Sidestep any designs on reading the menu, merely coutn the number of people in your group, divide by 2, and order that many large Mixed Grills (ask the waiter to include the fish (even for a fish hater like myself!), it is divine :D ).

Then add a salad (essential), and rice and breads if you're feeling really peckish.

Been to Cafe Bangla - definitely worth a look, even if just to sit in front of the Princess Diana mural :lol:

Was in another a few months ago who's name escapes me and I thought it was pretty good too - will get back to you on that one!!

Back