Best beaches?

Crystal

When it comes down to it, I know all the beaches are gorgeous, but I was just wondering everyone's opinion on the beaches and which ones people prefer.
I love the water and I intend to spend most of my time on the beach, so this is vital information. This could be the determining factor on where I stay.
Help Please!!
P.S. I do still want to be around the action though!

I'm easily creeped out by water and stuff (city girl, etc) -- but I really really really liked the beach at Salinas -- not the end with all the seaweed & rocks but the other end. With the nice stuff. It's lovely.

No water!

I don't think I could comprehend!! ;)
Thanks though, Salinas beach, that is on the south side right?
Not a whole lot else going on there though from what I have been told....
hmmm....

Salinas is about a 10 euro taxi ride from figuertas... Not bad at all. I'd take a picnic lunch out there and spend 1/2 a day. And then get a taxi back to Bora Bora and enjoy that beach -- get a sun lounger and fall asleep (or pass out) to the music.

:D

Salinas is beautiful..
175_IBIZA-SHOW.jpg

Cala D'hort is the best!! I swear I got the best sleep in front of it and Es Vedra on the beach!! BEAUTIFUL!
297_IBIZA-SHOW.jpg
299_IBIZA-SHOW.jpg
also definatly make it out to the east side of the island and visit Cala San Vicente
237_IBIZA-SHOW.jpg

My favourite is Cala d'Hort by far, check this photo out, one of my favourite shots ever with Es Vedra (the mountain in the sea) to the right. It's a small-ish beach and parking is limited up and down the hill which leads down to the beach but it's well worth the trek to the south-east coast to see a view like this.

cala_dhort.jpg

I need to be in the right mood for it, but I love Cala Jondal. Nice for a wind-down at the end of the holiday. It's pebles not sand but the setting is stunning with towering cliff's and it has several good, non touristy restaurants with free sunloungers. Nice to go for a decent lunch, have some wine and cognac or two then sleep in comfort without sand getting in your eyes, etc. Lovely.

But really most of the beaches are good. An idea thing to do is hire a car and just drive right around the coast. Stop off at the beaches that you like the look of and take in the vibe. Probably need to do the south one day and the north on another. And do it on the first day. Then you will know where you like the most and have plenty of holiday left to go back.

Cala Bassa

8) Salinas is an amazing beach but i personaly think Cala Bassa is the best. It's out the way (regular buses), has all the watersports u would want and is a gorgeous little cove (brilliant for snorkelling). 8)

PaulSub said:
I need to be in the right mood for it, but I love Cala Jondal. Nice for a wind-down at the end of the holiday. It's pebles not sand but the setting is stunning with towering cliff's and it has several good, non touristy restaurants with free sunloungers. Nice to go for a decent lunch, have some wine and cognac or two then sleep in comfort without sand getting in your eyes, etc. Lovely.

Yeah Cala Jondal is lovely. Loads of rich people straight off their luxury yachts.

doesnt matter as long as it got nice men to look at and of cors a bit of sand. San An town beach is so small you can run to the end of it and youve never got very far to get into the sea.

Cala Carbo or Benirras were my favorites. I think you need a car to get to either of them. Hiring a car was the best thing we did this year as we were able to visit different beaches every day.

Yeah, I have been considering hiring a car, but then again when it is just for yourself it seems like a waste of money.
But this Cala D'Hort beach seems to be the spot......
Can't wait! :p

the one just to the right of kanya cant remember what it is called?????

Hi,
In my opinion it's borth to spend a day in Formentera. Illetes, Migjorn, Es Caló. It's a wonderful and amazing place.

cala st vicente
top beach nice water and a lovely bar that does the most amazing bowl of fresh fruit(oranges,strawberries,kiwi,banana,apple etc..) topped with 2 scoops of homemade ice cream topped with fresh cream 6 euros yummy
yummy

Back