Best area to live on the island

greg1183

I’m thinking about buying a small place with my brother on the island!
i live in barcelona for a few years already so it’s quiet easy for me to take a plane even for 2 days and be on the island few days every month and regenerate! I have been coming here for nearly 20 years and also worked some temporada in the past . I know the island has change a lot but I have been traveling the world for years and for me it still the best place in Europe by far . Going to Thailand, Bali or Brasíl for a weekend it’s a bit complicated ? what do you think it’s the best area to live in ?

Last edited:
I know it depend of what I’m looking for but would be great to have some of your opinion about it !
Buen fin de semana ?

I know it depend of what I’m looking for but would be great to have some of your opinion about it !
Buen fin de semana ?

you just said it yourself, it heavily depends on what you want.

if you want tranquil and relax, head to the north and turn into a portinatx resident such as @jimmiz (doesn't have to be portinatx, can also be san carlos etc)

if you want to live close to the action but not in a noisy place, then jesus, san jordi and san rafael are great - but it's hard to find something decent for an OK price there.

something like a compromise is santa eularia - not too far from ibiza town, not too expensive, but also not very 'central' anymore.

but resuming...it really depends on what you're after.

you just said it yourself, it heavily depends on what you want.

if you want tranquil and relax, head to the north and turn into a portinatx resident such as @jimmiz (doesn't have to be portinatx, can also be san carlos etc)

if you want to live close to the action but not in a noisy place, then jesus, san jordi and san rafael are great - but it's hard to find something decent for an OK price there.

something like a compromise is santa eularia - not too far from ibiza town, not too expensive, but also not very 'central' anymore.

but resuming...it really depends on what you're after.
Thanks for your reply Stivi , i thought about the north for years( it’s a really nice area ?) yes but I still love to be in the action sometimes and the north is quiet far away, also when you are there for 2 days let say , you loose quiet sometimes even if the driving to go there is awesome, or just after a good restaurant by night in Ibiza cuidad , driving 45 min it’s quiet long and under even a bit of alcool influence it’s not my thing anymore and a taxi for this distance it’s expensive .
mess thinking about the Siesta are , not too too far from the action , price still "affordable " compared to other are ! Love the old road leading to Jesus !
Other area very nice area is st Josep, close to the main road , landscape is amazing and you have the sunset ( but I think this area is more expensive )
I think the south is too expensive for my budget.
i noticed that they doing some road work on the road from Ibiza to st Eulalia, are there making another autopista ?

Thanks for your reply Stivi , i thought about the north for years( it’s a really nice area ?) yes but I still love to be in the action sometimes and the north is quiet far away, also when you are there for 2 days let say , you loose quiet sometimes even if the driving to go there is awesome, or just after a good restaurant by night in Ibiza cuidad , driving 45 min it’s quiet long and under even a bit of alcool influence it’s not my thing anymore and a taxi for this distance it’s expensive .
mess thinking about the Siesta are , not too too far from the action , price still "affordable " compared to other are ! Love the old road leading to Jesus !
Other area very nice area is st Josep, close to the main road , landscape is amazing and you have the sunset ( but I think this area is more expensive )
I think the south is too expensive for my budget.
i noticed that they doing some road work on the road from Ibiza to st Eulalia, are there making another autopista ?

yeah siesta can be an option.

it's not a proper autopista, just two lanes until the santa gertrudis turnoff. should help the traffic flow.

That's right boys and girls. When you visit Ibiza off-season (as Greg did) not only you want to come back but you also need to own a little casita!!!
I used to hate the island during the winter time 15 years ago , I thought it was really boring , but during that time I was just interested about the partying things like most of the kids I guess , now I enjoyed even more the winter time ? than the summer time . Time has past and the island has much more to offert than just the party . Even if I still love to party sometimes. I came back last Sunday and have been dreaming the last 5 days that I have to come back ASAP ?

I know that's supposed to say "best area" not "best are". Lol...

I would probably feel overwhelmed by the crowds by living in the club areas. Something you may want to consider, though it might be kind of fun too. Or expensive; I don't really know.

I know that's supposed to say "best area" not "best are". Lol...

I would probably feel overwhelmed by the crowds by living in the club areas. Something you may want to consider, though it might be kind of fun too. Or expensive; I don't really know.
Yes meant “ best area” ?The thing that I know for sure is I’m not interested at all by living in the club area ( even if it was cheaper ) except st Rafael which is a club area without being a club area if you know what I mean ... but pdb , st Antonio are a big no for me !

OK... Maybe you could think about Santa Eulalia, not so far from the action, all services in the area, and alive in winter...

About the North, I'm not objective. ?

I don't know if you are clubbing a lot, but think about the real estate prices :
How many times you will take a taxi before your south invest will be more profitable than one place in the North?
And don't believe the North is a total desert, once you know some people here, you will always have something to do...
And for me the quality of life in the North is far better...

OK... Maybe you could think about Santa Eulalia, not so far from the action, all services in the area, and alive in winter...

About the North, I'm not objective. ?

I don't know if you are clubbing a lot, but think about the real estate prices :
How many times you will take a taxi before your south invest will be more profitable than one place in the North?
And don't believe the North is a total desert, once you know some people here, you will always have something to do...
And for me the quality of life in the North is far better...
Totally agree with you Jimmiz!
my main problem is that I won’t be able to come for many days in a row , it will be more like few days but many time a year so it quiet long distance .
I think that the st Eulalia area can be the right place for me , like you said , not too far from the airport and from las fiestas , ibiza cuidad and you have all the facilities in st Eulalia , it’s also not too far from the north neither . I think it’s a nice location , you just not have the sunset but we can’t have everything in life .
i noticed that in st Eulalia prices are cheaper than other places except the north ( but the north it’s not a lot less expensive) I like also the st Josep are but price over there are crazy . thanks u for your advice ?
Bon week-end

Hi Greg, SE was a lot of fun in Sept - admittedly was just visiting, but my friends who live there seem to really like it (makes a difference with the connections). Appeals to an older crowd. Fewer idiots (although not completely). Has a boring rep on here but I heard it is a lot more fun and varied than it used to be. Guarana is a decent venue and the Project Social breakfasts rock. There is a growing little community of music heads. The main downside is parking (we were amazingly lucky) and I think people were also worried about the development near the Thai place about 10 mins along the beach. (W group?) - but location-wise I imagine a good entry point for buyers and so close to some of the nicest beaches.

*btw some cheap as chips flights across the water right now. my pals spent 9E on rtrn flights the other weekend! (ressie discounted but still!)

Santa Eularia for sure ! Bought our seafront appartment there 4 years ago and we're loving it more every time we come. We do the same, many shorts stay in the year (and a couple of longer ones). SE rules in the winter.

Back