Owen Hargreaves 17m
Anderson 17m
Carrick 18m
Nani 17m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz
berbaflop - £30 million
tevez - £25 million

According to mr ferguson tevez wasn't worth 25 million, in that case how on god's clean earth is berbatov worth 30million?

Nice bit of business there sir alex.

people forget that in their relentless pursuit of silverware that the rags have

a/ spent shedloads over the years despite their insistence its all home grown talent
b/ had more than their fair share of expensive flops

eg: veron, taibi, berbatov, garry birtles :lol:

people forget that in their relentless pursuit of silverware that the rags have

a/ spent shedloads over the years despite their insistence its all home grown talent
b/ had more than their fair share of expensive flops

eg: veron, taibi, berbatov, garry birtles :lol:

A Man City fan, the latest exercise in one of the planets Uberrich's attempt to withdraw the living soul out of modern football, is now highlighting a teams atrocious spending policies? FFS :lol:

Remember - Berbatov only didn't sign for the poor Manc cousins because you are, and always will be, the poor Manc cousins of a team that basks in relative prestige in comparison to the Fantasy Football merceneries at Man City.

You BEGGED him to join you!

Just Like John Terry, and I think in a few months time we'll add Cesc Fabregas to that list, and who know what wonders Mancini (or whoever is the latest recruit) will pluck out of the bag next as a target. Maybe we'll just have to cope with Moyes stringing you on for a kings ransom for Johnny-Average-England- defender.

You can have Bale for 30 mil. Increasing to 40 on appearances.

I can't compete with that, so I'll just post this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-old-boy-Juan-Sebastian-Veron-Eastlands.html

Let me know how you get on with the Fabregas bid...:lol:

A Man City fan, the latest exercise in one of the planets Uberrich's attempt to withdraw the living soul out of modern football, is now highlighting a teams atrocious spending policies? FFS :lol:

Remember - Berbatov only didn't sign for the poor Manc cousins because you are, and always will be, the poor Manc cousins of a team that basks in relative prestige in comparison to the Fantasy Football merceneries at Man City.

You BEGGED him to join you!

Just Like John Terry, and I think in a few months time we'll add Cesc Fabregas to that list, and who know what wonders Mancini (or whoever is the latest recruit) will pluck out of the bag next as a target. Maybe we'll just have to cope with Moyes stringing you on for a kings ransom for Johnny-Average-England- defender.

You can have Bale for 30 mil. Increasing to 40 on appearances.

I can't compete with that, so I'll just post this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-old-boy-Juan-Sebastian-Veron-Eastlands.html

Let me know how you get on with the Fabregas bid...:lol:

oh dear....the sour grapes and lemons not agreeing with the part time yiddo??

never mind, you played your part in a thrilling battle for 4th :lol:

p.s your post is as usual peppered with myth, speculation and fantasy probably gleaned from some online fanzine that you subscribe to so cannot be arsed to respond to it on the whole, however I feel compelled to correct you on one small point. On transfer deadline day in August 2008, Man City had a bid accepted from Spurs for Berbatov, so did United, finally City had forced their arm after weeks/months of procrastinating. Which club then had a car waiting at Manchester Airport to pick up Berbatov?? Not City............so tell me who was desparate??

your debate is often lively and well researched, but if you are going to lock horns with me in my arena it's usually good to get some revision in.

p.p.s posting the veron article...........again?? come on mate, i've come to expect better from you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do Man City really hate Man Utd that much............

Im not up to speed on the politics of both clubs except for the Liverpool/Man Utd rivalry.

Im not up to speed on the politics of both clubs except for the Liverpool/Man Utd rivalry.

I think you will find its mutual, some of my best friends are united fans and the banter gets pretty intense sometimes, but we are all still mates afterwards, however many years ago after we dicked them 5.1 a couple of my mates stayed in for weeks!!

Hell yes. I'm a liverpool fan, but as a Manc resident, will be on the blue side watching it in a Man Utd stronghold (Chorlton) on Sat.

Town will be a no go area!

Is there a particular area of Manchester that is predominately Man Utd/Man City?

Where does the support to one or the other team come from.......

Is there a particular area of Manchester that is predominately Man Utd/Man City?

Where does the support to one or the other team come from.......

Easy one to answer. There is an area of Manchester known as Surrey. Here be the United fans.

Then an area called Manchester. Here be the City fans!

Seriously though, they tend to be mixed up - certain areas, obviously here the grounds were (Mosside/City) or are (Trafford/United) - other than that..perhaps JJ can enlighten.

In a nutshell

• City claim United arent from Manchester as Old Trafford is just outside the city limits in Trafford borough, however they do originate from Newton Heath which is only a half mile or so from where Eastlands is. So geographically its fairly even, however the areas around old trafford such as salford etc are fairly nited heavy, whereas the south side tends to be City.
  • Old Trafford was badly damaged in the war and they had to play some games at Maine Road whilst it was being repaired, they also borrowed our kits, hence the nickname "The Rags"
  • In the 70's there was some heated Derby games, George Best broke Glyn Pardoes leg so badly he nearly had to have it amputated.
  • Martin Buchan all but ended Colin Bells career by fouling him from behind
  • The Denis Law backheel Derby, said by many to be the game where City sent United down, but they didnt, results elsewhere that day sent them down anyway.
In the last 20 years our fortunes couldnt have differed any greater, United hve won countless trophies under baconface whereas City have had countless managers and had a few yo yo years which saw us have a brief sebatacle in the 3rd division. The probable source of our nickname "the Bitters or the bitter blues" however in recent years the balance of power has changed so much that we are now practically on parity for the first time since the 60's/70's.Much to the annoyance of United.

After the last Derby at Maine Road where City won 3.1 (thanks to a classic Gary Neville howler) there was a story that the match sponsors actually named Gary Neville as City's man of the match however after a complaint from United officials it was finally given to Shaun Goater who grabbed 2 oals that day. (alledgedly)

City will argue that they are the most loyal, having consistently acheived average gates of over 30'000 whilst languishing in the lower echelons of english football, they will also tell you thet most manc are city fans, both are debatable but who am I to challenge that myth?

The recent public spats between Tevez and Fergie and tevez and Gary Chuckle have done much to fan the flames recently so this weekends Derby, with all thats at stake, a win for City could be another hand on 4th spot and would effectively finish uniteds title challenge, promises to be as fiery as ever.

oh dear....the sour grapes and lemons not agreeing with the part time yiddo??

never mind, you played your part in a thrilling battle for 4th :lol:

p.s your post is as usual peppered with myth, speculation and fantasy probably gleaned from some online fanzine that you subscribe to so cannot be arsed to respond to it on the whole, however I feel compelled to correct you on one small point. On transfer deadline day in August 2008, Man City had a bid accepted from Spurs for Berbatov, so did United, finally City had forced their arm after weeks/months of procrastinating. Which club then had a car waiting at Manchester Airport to pick up Berbatov?? Not City............so tell me who was desparate??

your debate is often lively and well researched, but if you are going to lock horns with me in my arena it's usually good to get some revision in.

p.p.s posting the veron article...........again?? come on mate, i've come to expect better from you?

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't tell me, you were only pretending to be interested in Berbatov to push the price up for Man U.

Thanks JJ.........Good to hear it from the horses mouth! I now have the required information to annoy Utd fans with. Its all Liverpool and Man Utd here in Ireland.

berb460.jpg
:lol:

Easy one to answer. There is an area of Manchester known as Surrey. Here be the United fans.

Then an area called Manchester. Here be the City fans!
This is the joke stereotype but it's not as far off from reality as you think.

I've seen a Premier League fan survey report that showed Man U supporters spend much more, on average, for travel to home matches than any other team :!:

This is the joke stereotype but it's not as far off from reality as you think.

I've seen a Premier League fan survey report that showed Man U supporters spend much more, on average, for travel to home matches than any other team :!:

I wouldn't be surprised mate, Last year I went to Manchester for the weekend, got caught it loads of traffic which mysteriously disappeared once i was past old Trafford, then as we where leaving the hotel to go out for the evening load of Man U Fans where coming into the Hotel with take away pizzas.

Back