BENNIRAS BEACH AT SUNSET, Can you help???

kn1980

I met judge jules once and being someone that lives on the island for lots of the year I asked him what the one thing I should do is when I finally go to ibiza, He replied " check out a sunset at benirras beach " and so that is my mission this summer. However, can any of you clued up people help me here. Does the sun set directly between the rocks right in front of you all summer or only during a specific period, as we noticed there is quite a limited view of the horizon between the cliffs on either side. (we are going early september)????? Also which is the best way to get there??would a cheap and nasty moped get you there or do you really have to rent a car?????

kn1980 said:
I met judge jules once and being someone that lives on the island for lots of the year I asked him what the one thing I should do is when I finally go to ibiza, He replied " check out a sunset at benirras beach "

Har har!! Sorry, I found this, 'I asked Judge Jules' thing quite funny! :lol:

After all he is the epicentre of everything in Ibiza eh?

Benirras is easy to find if you have a map and a car, just be careful because the sign posts come out of nowhere and I can guarantee you will miss a turning or two.
...and the sun always sets there, beats the sunset strip for sure :x

My boyfriend and I fancied a trip there for the Sunday best party, and for an alternative view of the sunset, unfortunately neither of us can drive - is it easy to walk there after getting the bus to puerto san miguel? How much would a taxi cost (if possible) from there to the nearest town?

Any help would be much apprecated! :)

Defo my favourite beach. You will not be able to walk there, but taxis are not that expensive. Just getting a taxi back would maybe be a hassle?

That's what I was worried about - I know if you get a taxi in town they'll take you there, but probably not a great location for flagging one down on the way home! I know the beach is meant to be stunning, but don't fancy having to spend the night there :(

1) Benniras is beautiful but i found it a bit too full of skanky crusties and their horrible, rude, smelly children for my tastes.

2) To get a cab back, maybe get a drink at one of the restaurants in the cove and ask them to call you one. that's what we did.

Thanks for that advice - maybe we will make there this year, and hopefully it won't be too crusty!!

Last September the sunset behind the cliffs to the left of the cove. It is much better earlier on in the season when it sets into the sea. i think this is also the same at the sunset strip, the sun sets on to the island of conjera (not spelt like that!) in Sept but in July it sets into the sea.

Thanks for the info JT. I'm going early september which doesn't sound to good for catching the perfect sunset at benirras now. I was really hoping to catch a sunset like the one pictured on this site. Go to homepage, click on beaches and then click on benirras. WOW how amazing is that. Oh well mabye next year. When does it set like it does in the picture ???? June ????, July ?????, August ?????? somebody must know ??

Back