Benitez gone?

Kenny Daglish more than likely to be appointed Interim manager untill new owners come on board.

No Top Flight manager is going to sign with Liverpool until the ownership issue is resolved.

From the Liverpool website.............

Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.
"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Take a look at what Hodgson has actually achieved, and with which teams.

Coached in Sweden, Italy, Switzerland, including Inter, Malmo, Udinese, Grasshopper. He's taken teams from low levels to European qualification and championships, and managed 3 international sides. ...

I'm not saying he hasnt got experience, I just done feel hes got the experience of winning in europe (Swedish and Danish cups hardly count). Plus most of his stints have only been a season or two, doesnt say much tbh.

Nah I'm not convinced. I'd much rather have Kenny and sammy at the helm until we find stability regarding ownership and funding, then get a world class manger.

Spot on. Us (genuine) supporters already know this. But with todays media and with alot of other teams supporters, who lets face it are sometimes envious of our history, you end up sounding like a stuck record trying to explein it.

He did the best he could possibly do with what he had. Yes it was time for a change, and yes he had his faults, but when you look at his record highlighted by that article, it speaks for itself.

i know things seem to have come to a natural conclusion with rafa, but i'm just not convinced anyone else can do a better job in the long run (not just a year long boost to morale).......

moreover, whereas before last week i thought stevie and torres would stay, no i really don't.

i know things seem to have come to a natural conclusion with rafa, but i'm just not convinced anyone else can do a better job in the long run (not just a year long boost to morale).......

moreover, whereas before last week i thought stevie and torres would stay, no i really don't.

I think it depends who comes wether they stay or not, I really hope it isnt saggy face :spank:

As for Rafa. I think one of his main attributes was connecting with the club and its supporters, he understood our heritage and way of doing things. He studied our history thoroughly and respected our ways. He also loved the area and the people.

I wouldnt be too shocked if he came back in the furure.

As a side mate. You cool helping out with regards Shovell?

for the record, and no matter what happens with the next manager, I still wish Rafa was here.

also, it's inevitable we'll lose masch now and most prob stvie and torres. If he was still here, I don't think it would be half as likely that any of them would leave

for the record, and no matter what happens with the next manager, I still wish Rafa was here.

also, it's inevitable we'll lose masch now and most prob stvie and torres. If he was still here, I don't think it would be half as likely that any of them would leave

I also didnt want him to go, I wasnt suprised obviously, but would have still prefered him to have another season. As for players leaving, I can see Torres and gerrard staying TBH. Masch on the other hand, not.

I also didnt want him to go, I wasnt suprised obviously, but would have still prefered him to have another season. As for players leaving, I can see Torres and gerrard staying TBH. Masch on the other hand, not.

Unfortunately I'm not so optimistic...

Gerrard's off the field issues will give him enough reasons to head to Madrid, and that could send Torres over the Channel too....

Of course, the sale of the club, and a Manager with funds (how we dream!) could be the saving grace...

[QUOTE

And it looks more and more likely Hodgson will be name our new boss in the coming days.[/QUOTE]

The news reports have it today............ Hodgson to be New Liverpool Manager.

[QUOTE

And it looks more and more likely Hodgson will be name our new boss in the coming days.

The news reports have it today............ Hodgson to be New Liverpool Manager.[/QUOTE]

I would like to say I had inside knowledge, but I'd be lying. :lol:

Its been simmering for a while. And TBH I'm not ecstatic, he took 13 games to win with Fuylham ffs. how the hell are we meant to get back into the top 4 with him, and mor eimportantly keep our decent players :spank:

Slippery slop for my beloved club. :cry: Thank you you cowboys for ruining our club :evil:

Time will tell I guess but if he gets a good support team around him, I think he'll get the best out of the players.

Not at all optimistic about the season, for all the ownership / funding issues, but not feeling negative about the appointment.

Put simply, I don't see anyone else out there that understands the club and will know what should be done to steady the ship. Someone coming in cold from abroad would take time to grasp all the issues before making progress.

IMHO of course.

Back