Benirras Beach Sunset Drumming

WuWei

Can anyone confirm that the Sunday sunset drumming has been discontinued due to the inability to handle parking for the massive crowds? If so, which other days are probably the best for a decent sized turnout of the drummers?

it's pure luck. these guys aren't doing it professionally for audiences. a lot of it is improvised and depends on who else turns up.

also, don't stand there and spend the whole time filming or taking pix - or if you do, be discreet, out of courtesy.

I thought the drumming continued, however I know vehicle access was restricted between 4pm & 11pm on Sundays apart from buses and ambulances etc until 1st October.

Been to Ibiza many times but this is first time with family. They are keen to see drummers at Benirras but we have young kids with us and I think it may just be too busy and hard to get home from. Does the drumming only happen on the Sunday? Was thinking it might be quieter on other nights and bus service is more regular.

Been to Ibiza many times but this is first time with family. They are keen to see drummers at Benirras but we have young kids with us and I think it may just be too busy and hard to get home from. Does the drumming only happen on the Sunday? Was thinking it might be quieter on other nights and bus service is more regular.

They do drum on other nights in high season but there are less of them. However its easy to park on non-Sunday nights, the view is of course the same but you have a lot more room to move on the beach.

Worth checking the timetables for the buses, I think they return before sunset on nights that arent Sundays but I could be wrong!

from tomorrow onwards until 2nd october, the access to benirras will again be restricted on SUNDAYS for cars between 3pm and 11pm.

so… if you wanna see the drummers on sunday (be aware there will be lots of people), you've got three options:

the easiest one:
- park before you descend and take the shuttle bus. take into considerartion you will experience delays / waiting time, especially on the way back after sunset

if you wanna go with your car…
- either go early (before they close the access)
- or have a reservation at one of the restaurants down at the beach

Are the Hippy's back drumming? Went once in early May a few years ago but wanting to go back on a busier Sunday this time

Are the Hippy's back drumming? Went once in early May a few years ago but wanting to go back on a busier Sunday this time
I'm told yes and on back on Sundays. I can only advise to get there early and make a day of it. Once the parking spots are full, they close the road

Edit: also told Friday as a good alternative to Sundays

Back