Ben Watt...

jaycranney

Been a fan of his for ages, but I never hear of any one else who is.

Seen him a few times in the past the first was when I was in London 2003 when I went to see him and Jay Hannon (Lazy Dog)... loads of deep house and Latin vibes and I loved it.

See hime a few times in Belfast and Dublin recently since starting Buzzin Fly. He's a lot more banging now, but I still love it. Plus I used to love Everything But The Girl as well.

Is any one else a fan?

J

Big fan of Everything but the Girl (Temperamental is a downright masterpiece).

Only heard about a minute of his DJing. I think he's in Ibiza when I'm there... recommended?

I like that track he did with estelle "pop a cap in yo'ass"

had a nice old skool "synth/piano" in it!!

I normally really rate him as a DJ but I found him really flat at WLS Opening, altho I think that might have been to do with the set times as he came on after Woolford who had been boshing it out and was on before 2ManyDJs so didn't really work imo :confused:

Been a fan of his for ages, but I never hear of any one else who is.

Seen him a few times in the past the first was when I was in London 2003 when I went to see him and Jay Hannon (Lazy Dog)... loads of deep house and Latin vibes and I loved it.

See hime a few times in Belfast and Dublin recently since starting Buzzin Fly. He's a lot more banging now, but I still love it. Plus I used to love Everything But The Girl as well.

Is any one else a fan?

J

yep, massive fan of his mixes and live sets at the end, plastics etc Buzzin fly are on a real roll at the moment. with some great releases this year, esp Gavin Herlily. Saw a live set by mme caro & franck garcia (check the radioslave mix of dead souls) a while back at phonica and he was in there, really nice fella - as for Tracy, check her myspace blogs, also a good read - she's got some interesting new stuff coming out with Ewan Pearson + new album, which I'll be checking.

yep, massive fan of his mixes and live sets at the end, plastics etc Buzzin fly are on a real roll at the moment. with some great releases this year, esp Gavin Herlily. Saw a live set by mme caro & franck garcia (check the radioslave mix of dead souls) a while back at phonica and he was in there, really nice fella - as for Tracy, check her myspace blogs, also a good read - she's got some interesting new stuff coming out with Ewan Pearson + new album, which I'll be checking.

Yea, looking forward to her new album...
Have to agree with you about him being a nice guy. He played at The Stiff Kitten (Highly recomended club if you're ever in not so sunny Belfast) and got talking to him after. Sound as a poound...

J

barbie didn't like him at WLS opening, i loved his set back then. sure, it wasn't peak-time full-on clubbing sounds, but still, i thought his set was great.

i am a fan. looking forward to his next appearance at we love!

I used to be a regular @ Buzzin' Fly, Neighbourhood. He was always capable of banging out half decent deep house sets, but often littered with dull moments. I suddenly realised what it was like to suffer from narcolepsy.

I normally really rate him as a DJ but I found him really flat at WLS Opening, altho I think that might have been to do with the set times as he came on after Woolford who had been boshing it out and was on before 2ManyDJs so didn't really work imo :confused:

Can't believe Woolfords not playing at Basics in Leeds as resident now, but needs must I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back