Ben Klock?

those 2 play together a fair amount.

like the modern day techno version of sasha and digweed ;)

haha thats a cracking comparison ...... seen klock n dettman on numerous occaisons in the last year...... just immense techno

Klock blew the Sub Club in Glasgow to pieces in December....best night ive had in years......

looking forwrd to seeing them B2B at Awakenings Festival and at the Slam Tent at TITP......

was that sarcasm?

I saw them there last year..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCo4pdT3TQ

^^ was just a loaded response to this ;) :

I can't wait for someone other than amnesia to bring him and marcel detmmann .. they make a wicked duo.

if anyone knows when both of them are playing let me know. I am trying to find out and I can find Marcel D. booked for amnesia but nowhere else.

We haven't had Enter lineups yet unless I've been dozing or distracted. Given the history my thoughts were to wait till they come out and see if there's going to be a repeat peformance @ Space. Still think they need 4 hours to do their thing. Otherwise it's a bit like having the trailer versus the director's cut ...

^^ was just a loaded response to this ;) :

We haven't had Enter lineups yet unless I've been dozing or distracted. Given the history my thoughts were to wait till they come out and see if there's going to be a repeat peformance @ Space. Still think they need 4 hours to do their thing. Otherwise it's a bit like having the trailer versus the director's cut ...

I see!

Im waiting for those Enter lineups too.

Not been very lucky with the Insane, Cocoon or WLS line-ups the week im there. Hopefully Enter will deliver, as I'm sure Circoloco will too

A lot of nice techno for me when I'm there late June - Ben Sims, Dave Clarke etc...... But all in space. Why? Techno plus Sankeys would be heaven as far as I'm concerned. Space discoteca is too night clubby. I don't know why everyone raves about the place if I'm perfectly honest. The only act that made me ever forget I was in that awful Oceana style room was Aphex Twin.

Space discoteca is too night clubby???

what is wrong a really good night club environment? Space is optimum!

anyways, you have your perspective I do not want to argue about clubs but I think Space is awesome.
What is so good about Sankeys that is superior to space?

A lot of nice techno for me when I'm there late June - Ben Sims, Dave Clarke etc...... But all in space. Why? Techno plus Sankeys would be heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Well for one people have to turn up .... Octopus records put on a fantastic party last year with Sian and Gary Beck on a Sunday in August and there were about 11 of us in there at peak time. Much as I enjoy space on the dancefloor and all that you can't keep nights running on numbers like that ! ....

Sankeys is a great venue for techno. Really good setting and mood about the place. But its main clientele (at least in 1st year) was British and as we all know techno and the British are not the greatest of bedfellows - it's nowhere near as well understood and appreciated in UK as in Germany etc.. though pro-rata Scotland likely has as many serious techno fans as England ! The English techno scene is very niche.

Very few Continentals in Sankeys away from Steve Lawler's night (which attracted quite a few Spanish and 'longer serving' clubbers, as he is well known on the island already) and the Club / promoter likely (correctly) felt it was depending on too small a market of largely British techno fans in Ibiza to run any more nights at that particular venue for the rest of the Season. - so that one Realtime party - with exceptionally good but nonetheless Scottish and Irish techno headliners was the only one we saw. Sad though I was about the low turnout for such a great lineup, you could almost have written the script .....

Last edited by a moderator:

anyways, you have your perspective I do not want to argue about clubs but I think Space is awesome.

I'll allow you your opinion mate but you are being catered for clearly so you shouldn't have a problem. I on the other hand, would enjoy some techno in a smaller venue.

Sankeys is darker, dirtier and dingier looking. the roof is lower. the venue is more intimate. I don't like night clubs I prefer nights held in venues which aren't actually a nightclub. Nightclubs take away the passion of the underground (especially those really clubby ones like space discoteca). If there were some big venues in Ibiza similar to ones in Britain, Germany (I've never been so have to go on word of my friends) etc it would be so cool. Imagine the Q club in Ibiza! Sankeys could at least have one techno night ffs. If Ben Klock was playing at Sankeys it would be rammed. Gary Beck and Sian aren't exactly going to pull the crowds in, only people who are proper into techno would know them. The likes of Klock, Dettman, Cassy would attract people on the outskirts of knowledge. And besides if you stuck somebody trendy who plays that crap commercial deep house in the other room you are onto a winner :)

Gary Beck played at some night of Joe T Vannelli whoever the heck that is. We sat outside in the bar opposite but didn't go in cos about 20 people went in. Carnival is always rammed and whats wrong with having techno DJ's alongside house DJ's they have enough rooms to share!

Last edited by a moderator:
The likes of Klock, Dettman, Cassy would attract people on the outskirts of knowledge. And besides if you stuck somebody trendy who plays that crap commercial deep house in the other room you are onto a winner :)

Sankeys capacity is about the same as DC-10 ... so it ought to be feasible financially. Ben Klock already plays DC-10 now and again. There are sometimes issues about playing in different clubs on the island ... :idea: perhaps these have a bearing on who books who ?

Sankeys capacity is about the same as DC-10 ... so it ought to be feasible financially. Ben Klock already plays DC-10 now and again. There are sometimes issues about playing in different clubs on the island ... :idea: perhaps these have a bearing on who books who ?

Ha I forgot about dc10 although I am increasingly losing love for the venue, mainly due to the shift in clientele. Hopefully there will be some nice line ups when I'm over

I agree with you here, but at the end of the day it all comes to individual preferences. I've also got mates who prefer the small intimite venue rather than big room club. Not for me!

I agree with you here, but at the end of the day it all comes to individual preferences. I've also got mates who prefer the small intimite venue rather than big room club. Not for me!

It doesn't necessarily have to be small. The Q club I'm Birmingham is massive but it's not essentially a night club in the same way that an Oceana would have been purpose built. Space discoteca is like an Oceana to me. Pacha and Amnesia are better large clubs in my opinion (in terms of venue not nights may I add!), they have that Ibiza thing going on. They are exactly what I imagined Ibiza to be like before I came the first time ever, I would include Privilege but it stinks of sewers in there and no more Manumission. Space discoteca has no soul or personality.

It doesn't necessarily have to be small. The Q club I'm Birmingham is massive but it's not essentially a night club in the same way that an Oceana would have been purpose built. Space discoteca is like an Oceana to me. Pacha and Amnesia are better large clubs in my opinion (in terms of venue not nights may I add!), they have that Ibiza thing going on. They are exactly what I imagined Ibiza to be like before I came the first time ever, I would include Privilege but it stinks of sewers in there and no more Manumission. Space discoteca has no soul or personality.

I see what you mean about the design of the dancefloor, its pretty basic, but that just works for me. It's a bit like the Box at Ministry in a way. I guess the thing for me is I've had so many amazing memorable nights in the Discoteca that i'll never see it as another club. I think the terrace and upstairs part is still quality. As for Pacha it is perhaps a more beautiful place, but the dancefloor always grates on me.

Back