Ben Klock?

Colonel Kurtz

Just looking through the listings for when i'm there and ben klock is playing at cocoon on 24th sept , now i've heard his name mentioned round these parts but never heard him live? Any good or what?

I should probably elaborate a little lol his techno is quite dark I've only seen him the once but there are a few podcasts floating around I think there is a CLR podcast of his on iTunes :)

I should probably elaborate a little lol his techno is quite dark I've only seen him the once but there are a few podcasts floating around I think there is a CLR podcast of his on iTunes :)

Dark techno eh? Sounds promising i'll try and find the podcast thanks.

and he played in Ireland before DC10 and people are saying it was one of the best sets for years...

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a great DJ. Fairly recently heard him play an epic set in Berghain B2B with Marcel Dettmann and also on his own (same party) ... and it was all some of the best stuff I've heard out in ages.

He often plays quite accessibly for shorter sets - was smashing DC-10 closing in the main room last year and sounds like he threw down a great set at the Opening too. Never really heard a bad thing said about his style lately - the odd grumble from particularly jaded Berghain regulars wanting more diversity now and again ... but even that in fairness is quite a rarity. Rock solid Klock - if you like techno with both hard and soft edges definitely go see him .. you're most unlikely to have a bad night. :)

Played such a long set at Berghain not long ago - intense, industrial, pounding noise.

The closest I've felt to the 90s in years. 8)

Ben Klock in my eyes is one of the best techno DJ's in the world alongside Dave Clarke,Sandwell District, Surgeon, Marcel etc.

Seeing Klock and Beyer in Ibiza is going to be a highlight of my trip.

I know this is an old thread but I have been keeping tabs on this dj... and marcel detmman.. craig 72 is on point... with that description.

I can't wait for someone other than amnesia to bring him and marcel detmmann .. they make a wicked duo. M. D plays hard and he splashes his bouncey spaced out techno here and there with vocals ..almost bordering on progressive house.

Great blend of techno in my opinion. more from both them please.. .if anyone knows when both of them are playing let me know. I am trying to find out and I can find Marcel D. booked for amnesia but nowhere else.

was that sarcasm?

I saw them there last year..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCo4pdT3TQ

hey man!

I was there too!, I thought they were great!

I just wish I could see them together out more often. I hope they bond musically more and more so that they can play off each other's music and sound.

I am sorry - I think they did a really good job. I still remember Ben K. throwing in - always something for nothing and then marcel d. throwing down a hard tune later on. Great sound they blended together... I also remember either one of them playing reggae like beats and then going from that unto hard techno. The crowd loved it! I think that is a great variety of musical mixture, in terms of taste. Not easy to blend dubby reggae with techno but they did it and it sounded good.

So!, if anyone knows let me know. I was there and I thought they were the awesome!

Back