Beaches must see, Santa Eulalia base

Ant

Hi there,

We are a young couple in our 30th :) heading off to Ibiza on Saturday.

The clubs are not the most important part of our 7 days hols, but we would like your advise on which beach should visit and the reson for it. Also we want to try other interesting places within the island.

I'm thinking to rent a scooter or bikes but we dont mind buses or ferries.

We alocate one day to Ibiza town and clubs and one day to Formentera.

Looking forward for any advise and we are very very excited about our first trip to Ibiza.

Cheerios
Ant

Last edited by a moderator:
:( no answers yet.

I've done some reaserch and we are thinking to try Niu Blau, S'Argamassa, Cala Pada which are near Santa Eulalia and I think can be reach by foot or should try push bike.?!
Also, I would realy like to go to Cala San Vicente which sound to be interesting and a bit diferent, however, I don't know about the transport, can we go by scooter(if I can find one in Santa Eulalia) or is there a bus?!.
Portinax sound interesting, I'm no sure at all about the transport.

We would realy apreciate any advise form people whith a bit of knowledge so please let us know your thoughts.

Regards
Ant

Very nice walk from Santa Eulalia to Niu Blau,Cala Pada etc,just follow the coastal path.
It can be tricky in places,tree roots,rocks,narrowness etc,so not really suitable for bikes !
These beaches have some good eating places as well,it would take about an hour to reach as far as Cala Pada.

I shall be on S'Agamassa next Thursday, beach not very good and therefore quiet which is why I like it - had it to myself in May but July will be busier. Cesars water sports if you can afford it and the bar is not bad for food

Good info about the buses, cheers for that.

Thanks Don Simon for the info, will definitely do the walk to the beaches, at least ones.

S'Agamassa seams what we fancy, if quiet and nice bar with good food.

Any more advise would be much appricate it.

Kind regards
Ant and Lin

Santa Eulalia beach can be furnace like as wall reflects heat back onto beach.
Niu Blau full of pine needles and Germans as Cala Pada can be
Plenty of water sports on Cala Martina
Es Cana beach full of English and Welsh and therefore litter
Cala Nova beach can be excellent for surfing if the conditions are right with a decent swell but be careful of the currents
Cala San Vincent is best viewed coming from San Carlos route with the spectacular view from the coast road
Don't miss seeing Salinas for the perfect lagoon but take your own drinks or a new mortgage
You have to take the Playa d'en Bossa stroll
Hope this helps

Santa Eulalia beach can be furnace like as wall reflects heat back onto beach.
Niu Blau full of pine needles and Germans as Cala Pada can be
Plenty of water sports on Cala Martina
Es Cana beach full of English and Welsh and therefore litter
Cala Nova beach can be excellent for surfing if the conditions are right with a decent swell but be careful of the currents
Cala San Vincent is best viewed coming from San Carlos route with the spectacular view from the coast road
Don't miss seeing Salinas for the perfect lagoon but take your own drinks or a new mortgage
You have to take the Playa d'en Bossa stroll
Hope this helps
Wow, that's very comprehensive. Anything about Portinatx?

Can also be unbearably hot with the rock backing the beach but at least there you have choices and the water is beautiful. I prefer to go down the coast a mile or two to S'Illot or Xarraca but then it's all about personal choice. The bar at s'Illot has, for me, the best view on the island.
Only four more days until I am off there again!

we are off tomorrow early morning, can't wait.

I would like to spend some time on a wavie open beach but also very much so on hidden one with trees in a back, though not busy resort type beaches.

Which method of transport sugest, if want to visit beaches on diferent part of the island; Bus, ferry, scooter, as I dont realy want to hire a car?

Back