Beaches & Bars

S

Summer2002

Hi there,

First of all, I hope that this forum is also for spanish people... is it?

I plan to go to Ibiza for my 1st time and I'm asking you, experinced people, which beaches and bars you can recommend me. Some people explain me that those are separated for local (spanish) and foreign (elsewhere) people, that´s right? I hope isn't, I like to be "mixed" with all the cultures :D

I'm asking you about bars close to San Antonio (were I will allocate myself) or anywhere but with good communication.

Well, sorry for my poor english but guess to learn more in Ibiza!

yes it's true. there are bars where 90% to 100% of the clientelle are ibicencan/spanish people. this is because they provide excellent food, service, drink, and ambience at affordable prices. there are also bars where very few local people go because they are over priced, over hyped, and generally staffed by inexperienced young people "working" their passage in ibiza.
don't let me discourage you as the latter bars are all in the same small areas of ibiza and san antonio.

all you have to do is look around to discover some brilliant places.
here's the golden rule - if it's in mixmag don't go!

DJ Biff

Summer2002 said:
I hope that this forum is also for spanish people... is it?

por supuesto!!
xyxwave.gif

spain.gif

DJ Biff said:
here's the golden rule - if it's in mixmag don't go!

:lol: :twisted: :lol:

Robo said:
Hi,

i like the rule and its probably true!!!

If that´s true, and you like it, why you go to Ibiza? You can stay in England and is sure that you will only find britanic people...

Hi,

what biff is trying to say is don't go to the bars you see in the mixmags and ministry's but try local bars if you want the spanish feel to things, its different thats all, i mean bars like bar m, base bar are all wickid bars and are worthwhile going to, but to sample some of the local delicacy try local bars in local villages, these can sometimes be just as good!!!

i think that is what he is saying???

Rob

DJ Biff said:
there are bars where 90% to 100% of the clientelle are ibicencan/spanish people. this is because they provide excellent food, service, drink, and ambience at affordable prices. there are also bars where very few local people go because they are over priced, over hyped, and generally staffed by inexperienced young people "working" their passage in ibiza.
don't let me discourage you as the latter bars are all in the same small areas of ibiza and san antonio

i saw this post again today - how true :!:

Ok. lets start with the bars:
San An:
Sugar Sea (havent been there, only when it was nemes Mezzazine before)
Savannah (altime favourite, the best sangria in the world!)
Cafe Del mar (world famous, unfortunately then only serve drinks)
Mambo (excellent menucard1)
Kashab (Restaurant as well with fab tunasteaks and burgers!)
Coastline (for the trendy and "see me" people, but lovely!)

Beaches:
For relaxing with a hangover, when you look smacked! - Calla Vadella - family place, clear low water and nice restaurants
Calla Bassa - perfect water, a bit overcrowded with young people
Calla ´d´hort - Neear the "secret" atlantis beach...

basically any beach is gorgeous!

Back