Bargain Disco House ahoy!

Dr Fox

Just thought i'd let you guys know, if you didn't already know.....Disco Kandi albums 3, 4, 5 and 5.02 are £8.99 at HMV. Typical. bought 2 of them before Christmas for £18.99 each! Volumes 1 and 2 remain at that price.

Just purchased 4 and listening to it it now. first impressions? Not bad at all. Highlight of Disc 1 has to be Soul Providers feat Michelle Shellers with the finger waving behemoth that is Rise. Disc 2 is on now..so i'll let uyou know later.

What do u think of the Hed & Disco Kandi stuff... i don't think it's too bad but i prefer the Naked Music label for that sort of style of music, have u listened to much Naked stuff?

I really like the Back to Love stuff Hed Kandi do, perfect for when you're chilling on a Sunday.

sanchez, personally i think the hed kandi stuff is getting a bit too commercial, i might be wrong but they have brought so many cds out, its impossible to keep up to date on what they are doing....

rob, i agree... they do churn out a wile lot of shite!!
The likes of Naked & Wave are alot more deep & soulful based... you should check em out!

where can you get this stuff from, don't tell me from hmv etc....i have never heard of these record labels before...

actually looking at the cd covers on this website i have seen these cd..
That song on the opening page is beautiful, very spacey.....

many thanks

Just finished Disc 2 and I like it...I like it a lot. Agent Sumo's 24 Hours and Future Force's What you Want are class. Ok Flawless, Another Chance and American Dream have been played and played but so what, still gets me in the groove. I've got all of the Disco Kandi's bar No 2 and I have been impressed with them on the whole. Would have preferred them to be mixed together but it's a minor flaw as far as I'm concerned.

Robo, Dirty - I'm a recent convert to them and they have made such an impression on me that I just had to have them all. Commercial? Maybe, but that's also a victim of their own success. Clever packaging and essentially spot on tunes. I don't know of any other compilation series that rivals them for this genre of music. That's not to say they don't exist, perhaps they do but I've looked near and far and haven't found any....would appreciate any input though, always on the look for new stuff. I'll check out your link Dirty for starters....

cheers sanchez, it really is a great house track, i can imagine it beeing played on the sunset strip, or on the terrace, or in pacha.....wow that song really has made an impact on me....

Thanks

I'll check the rest of the links later...

Robo said:
sanchez, personally i think the hed kandi stuff is getting a bit too commercial, i might be wrong but they have brought so many cds out, its impossible to keep up to date on what they are doing....

Yeah Robo cos you obviously know so much about music. You make me piss myself reading your posts. Making out you are some kind of Ibiza Guru PMSL.

TOMMY is that sopposed to be a joke!!!!
make it clearer next time....

All i do is give my opinon, knowledge and tastes across this board, i love ibiza as much as the next person and i want to share this with everybody on this board.

I give my opinons across because i like to know what i'm talking about, i will not talk about the stuff i don't know...

If you don't then perhaps you should consider why you are on this board!!

now stop criticising my opinons and put some of your expereinces and knowledge across...

dear tommy,

i am sure stephen has already been in touch. i have just deleted your post and robo's reply.

My 2p worth...

Hed Kandi nights at Pacha are absolutely superb.

The highlights of all the Hk cds, are Rise (as mentioned b4), Class A - Streetlife, and Octave one - Blackwater.

Rustywoo.....I take it you are not a fan? I've only just started listening to these CD's, so even though I've listened to this type of music for ages, they still sound fresh. Value wise I don't think you can argue....

Back