Barbie's Ibiza Adventure Part 2

Barbie

Just got back from my second trip to Ibiza of the summer and what a wk it was..........

Sunday obviously did Space and what a Space session it was - Rooty absolutely rocked the terrace in the afternoon and evening, throwing in some right classics........Blue Monday and Music is the Answer :D And then Steve Lawler closed the terrace with a storming set.

Managed to get a couple of hours sleep before DC10 cos at my age I can't do the Space/DC10 thing anymore :rolleyes: DC10 was absolutely blinding and then just when we thought it couldn't get any better about 3pm my boyfriend goes to me 'You are not going to believe who has just walked into the DJ box, who would you most like to see up there now?' well me being me goes 'Erick' but no it was the one and only Mr Tenaglia :D Well he kept us entertained til 9.30pm when they finally kicked us out and what a set he played, at one point I thought I am so happy I going to cry.

Tuesday was Perfecto Essential Closing but when we got to Pacha there were signs outside saying the Oakmeister wasn't there cos he was sick We were a bit gutted but Steve Lawler replaced him and Tongy was really on form.

Then Wednesday was obviously Subliminal, and Erick played the best set I have ever heard him play at Pacha. And cos it was the anniversary of Sept 11, bless little Erick he had on an I Love NY t-shirt and there were I Love NY banners all over the place. What a set and he got all emotional at the end, I was almost in tears.

Thursday needed a quiet-ish night so just went down to Bora Bora and then onto KM5 for some much needed food. Highlight of the holiday was seeing Danny Tenaglia having it on a table down at Bora Bora and pulling moonies :lol:

Then Friday we went to Ministry, I didn't know what to expect cos the last time we were there in June it was so rammed we ended up leaving early. But what a night, dancing my little tits off til 8am. We left Pacha and then had the bright idea to go to the after-party at Space. Space was fantastic, not too busy but one tune after another. Finally left Space at 5pm, and had a few hours to kill til we got picked up to go to airport at 12.30, decided to go back to Bora Bora and were still dancing down there at midnight when we actually remembered we were meant to be going home :(

Somehow go to the airport, god knows how they let me thru I didn't know what I was going and then we found out we were delayed for a couple of hours :x so drank lots of wine to get me thru it and finally got on the plane and then back to sunny Gatwick at about 7am Sunday morning.

What a week, I am so depressed now but have some fantastic memories so roll on next June 8)

james said:
you lucky sod, barbie, DT at DC10 :)

now that sounds like a good week!

I know that just was the icing on a perfect wk. We kep bumping in to him everywhere as well, down at Bora Bora a few times, in Space a couple of times, in Pacha and he was such a nice bloke as well, talking to everyone, dancing like a loon............some other supposed superstar DJs should take a leaf out of his book me thinks........

barbie, you sure know how to have a good time, baby. will try to do something similar next week

last year, mr t was around when we were and i felt he was following me around. even saw him having dinner at the grill next to jet appts. he always has time for people and can light up a party just by turning up. plus he's not a bad dj either :lol:

rustywoo said:
barbie, you sure know how to have a good time, baby. will try to do something similar next week

last year, mr t was around when we were and i felt he was following me around. even saw him having dinner at the grill next to jet appts. he always has time for people and can light up a party just by turning up. plus he's not a bad dj either :lol:

You lucky git going again next wk, have a good one for me won't you :D 8)

............and give my love to Danny if you see him around :p ;)

Oakmeister wasn't on cos he was sick - Different to what my mate was told when he asked a Perfecto Essential PR where Oakie was he was told he was on the flyer with Tong but Tong had (Confirmed) under his name and Oakie did not. CHARMING

Sounds like you had an awesome time and I'm totally jealous that DT appeared at DC10 - Why don't these types of things happen to me :?:

Back