Bank Holiday Weekend Shenanigans

Just about back to normal now so here goes a little breakdown of what we got up to:

Friday was supposed to be completely quiet. Not so , got back around 6am then we met some ppl for lunch in Brixton which topped us straight back up. This became an all afternoon session on a day that was again supposed to be quiet before SW4 on sunday.

Woke up Sunday morning feeling pretty special . Dragged myself up n on to train where my mate greeted me with a Heineken and thus began Sunday. Went to The Goat just down the Hill from Clapham Common which was empty at 12.15 got abit more busy when we left at 2

SW4 was pretty good I thought. Monsoon rain shower as soon as we got there tho meant we all piled into the techno tent where there was no bass at the back at all. Once it stopped we had a wander , got a couple drinks. Returned to same tent and seemed they'd sorted the sound out. Think it was during Dubfire's or Layo & Bushwaka the evacuated the whole tent as there was a problem with the big inflatable thing hung from the roof or something. We spent a fair bit of time just outside the dubstep / drum n bass tent as sun was out. Saw a few casualties , one girl more or less face down not moving , eventually was karted off in an ambulance. Also 3 girls came over to the side of the toilets and couldnt wait so 2 stood in front of the other one who had a quick lash in full view of us , i guess if u gotta go u gotta go!

Saw abit of Carl Cox who was good and getting on the mic which was funny. It was Andy C who played the best set for me tho which is weird , has been ages since had a dance to DnB and he reminded me why I used to love it so much.Ms Dynamite actually got some boo's if i remember corrctly which was weird. Think we saw a little bit of the end of Fatboy Slim but we'd missed most of the set so couldnt really get into it so decided to call it a day.

Monday Caz was on the guestlist for the RedBull Major Lazer party at carnival so was up early doors , me and a friend were struggling and left us sitting in Brixton like hobo's deciding what we could be bothered to do. Went n sat in the sun outside a hidden away pub for the rest of the afternoon riding out the end of the Bank holiday. Wished I had gone to carnival but I was pretty done in and my dodgy ankle would have been an issue. All in all a top weekend tho shouldnt have spazzed myself friday/saturday

SW4 on Saturday. Huge huge fun to be had in the sunshine. Joris Voorn esp was great. Early start, early finish

Sunday was da carnival. Fun at Danny's followed by Sancho Panza, too much vino and food..

SW4 on Saturday. Huge huge fun to be had in the sunshine. Joris Voorn esp was great. Early start, early finish

Had a great time at this too.

Taking on board that the sound levels are going to be poor, I thought it was more fun than last year. Far more bar space meant less queueing for drinks and more time dancing.

We found you had to walk around the tents to find the best sound. Sometimes bizarrely you'd get far better sound towards the back than at the front of the tent.

Worst DJ of the day had to be Morillo though.. Jesus what has happened to him.. I mean i know he was always partial to some cheese but to play Queen's We are the Champions followed closely by Jump Around, plus some sort of Prodigy remix.

Sunday was da carnival. Fun at Danny's followed by Sancho Panza, too much vino and food..
Were you overat Dan's? Sorry I missed you!

I got down to the carnival sometime between 2 and 3. Wandered the streets for a while and took in the atmosphere, parade, food, random reggae stages... Spent some time at Sancho Panza as well before I finally caught up with Dan & co. sometime after 5. Popped round his for a little while.

Went back for a repeat performance with Phil & co. on Monday, mostly at Sancho Panza and Good Times.

I had the best time. Might have to make a point of coming next year!

Back