Bambu 7th November

lil' Joey

Well it was a nother top quality Hed Kandi night, i wa sjust dissapointed with the turn out from the birmingham crowd. Normally Bambu is rammed, not tonight for some reason. I will try and give a full review later on, i am just tired and i need my sleep.

Well here goes. Entered the club as it opened, had a good chat to the promoter Steve and exlplained how i thought he had created one of the best nights in birmingham and that he had he had the best smelling club in the land. He seemed happy. The Curtains to the dance floor were closed but the warm up dj was playing a very soulfull warm up set. John Jones arrived and gave me the loud greeting of "New Hair, New Hair", as i have had some highlights put in my barnet. He is a top bloke, he stopped and chatted to us for a good half an hour, thats never bad as it helps to boost your club cred as people keep looking over asking who are they.
JJ hit the decks at 11, for som e reason the club kept the dance floor sectioned off for another 10mins, not good. JJ played quite a soulful selection of records for the first hours unitl Mr Doyle arrived.
Marke played a cracking Hed Kandi set, i just wish the crowd had been more up for it. I was in BED at sheffield last week and boy do they know how to party. Over all it was a good night, but the lack luster birmingham crowd was a bit of a dampner. Plus points of the eveing for me, Quality friendly DJ's, quality happy music, and i also got to meet the lovley and cute mambobirdette a fellow spotlighter, even if she did leave at 2 :cry: . I am looking for to my next kandi experience, possibly at Pasha or maybe back in sheffield.

:D Thanks for all the texts last night ... I almost felt like I was there .. particularly as the music I was playing was reminiscent of Kandi !

Ahhh .. not many places beat BED .. and, of course, I was there ... AND .. why didn't you say I was cute? Tsk! ;)

Not long since got up ... jeez, I really don't feel like going out tonight at the moment!

It is hard for me to admit it, as i was bigging up bambu the wwek before. But this goes oujt to all the BED crew, you guys rock, up for it all night and don't wanna go home. You should all come to down here to birmingham to show the light weights how to do it. i am even a bit nervous that birmingham will lose Hed Kandi for a bit :cry:

lil' Joey said:
It is hard for me to admit it, as i was bigging up bambu the wwek before. But this goes oujt to all the BED crew, you guys rock, up for it all night and don't wanna go home. You should all come to down here to birmingham to show the light weights how to do it. i am even a bit nervous that birmingham will lose Hed Kandi for a bit :cry:

Partying hard is in our blood :p

Did you know that some years ago Sheffield had more clubs than London :!:

Not so many now since Gatecrasher took hold.

The best days were GC when it was ay the Arches, Trash, Wonderland, Love2Be, Rise etc.

Im sorry i left so early Joey, i was practically dragged away kicking & screaming :rolleyes: didnt wanna go but Andrew said he was tired :rolleyes:

Was great to meet you, im gonna do my review now :p

lil' Joey said:
Well it was a nother top quality Hed Kandi night, i wa sjust dissapointed with the turn out from the birmingham crowd. Normally Bambu is rammed, not tonight for some reason. I will try and give a full review later on, i am just tired and i need my sleep.

Hi joey...went to the Oct Hed Kandi which was quality ;)

Steve i am glad you enjoyed it. If you enjoyed that one, you would have loved the last two the held at Bambu. I hope it get a bit of better promotion next time, so more people know about it. I think thats all it comes down to. I am off to Pasha in 2 weeks time to see how it is all done down there. I will make sure a review gets posted :D

lil' Joey said:
Steve i am glad you enjoyed it. If you enjoyed that one, you would have loved the last two the held at Bambu. I hope it get a bit of better promotion next time, so more people know about it. I think thats all it comes down to. I am off to Pasha in 2 weeks time to see how it is all done down there. I will make sure a review gets posted :D

DONT YOU DARE be ringing me & playing tunes down the fone young man!!!! :D :D :D

Back