Bad Reactions to Mozzie bites... Help!

Hmmm....my post about Marmite was deleted- someone must've thought that I was taking the mickey, but apparently it's true. I was told about it when I was in the army- to eat 2 slices of toast with Marmite on every morning and the scent that comes through your skin (that humans can't smell) keeps the little blighters away. Couldn't bring myself to do it myself though- hate the stuff *yech!*

Hmmm....my post about Marmite was deleted- someone must've thought that I was taking the mickey, but apparently it's true. I was told about it when I was in the army- to eat 2 slices of toast with Marmite on every morning and the scent that comes through your skin (that humans can't smell) keeps the little blighters away. Couldn't bring myself to do it myself though- hate the stuff *yech!*

Its not - you wally!! You posted it on my other thread in Ibiza Holidays.... and I replied.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

marmite is full of vitamin b so it must have the same effect :idea:

Aye, lots of vitamin B in you diet helps. Lots of lesser refined grain stuff like brown bread, brown rice, etc. And they don't like garlic either.

There was a massive infestation round Salinas after the big storm apparently - no doubt brought about by standing water. Didn't see any this week though - probably more in evidence after dark if there are many still around.

I got eaten alive (or so it felt!) by them back in July - I am going prepared this time with the insect repellent!!

They are mean as fook at the moment, super hungry and I've not faired well, 2 of my bites have swelled up badly. Jungle Formula ....

In terms of repellent, the best thing that's worked for me is the old Avon skin-so-soft.

Remedy wise, I was given some hydrocortisone cream when I was bitten in Italy and it worked a treat for getting rid of the redness/itchiness and swelling!

Just use DEET-100 (50 if you have sensitive or broken skin) ... it even worked for me against sandflies in the tropics, a few Ibiza mozzies are no match for that stuff !

Remedy wise use "After bite" - works a treat.

Back