Babs, Tom and the rest of the family in Ibiza!!

Barbie

Friday evening Tom drives us over to Jamies for our early morning flight from Stansted. The plan was to have a nice dinner of tapas, a few civilised drinks and leave for airport at 3am feeling relatively fresh. Famous last words :eek: :lol: By 11pm we are doing lots of things that aren't advisable on the day you're flying to Ibiza and to this day I don't know how we got on the plane :lol: Obviously a good sign of things to come :D

Picked up hire car and first port of call was Passion for smoothies for Tom and rose for me, Jamie and Rach :lol: The lovely owner recognised us from many previous visits and welcomed us with free welcome drinks and then we headed up to our apartment to be let in. OMG what a gorgeous apartment, all shiny and new, a terrace that could have hosted a party for 20 overlooking the sea and everything you could possibly want and more for a week in Ibiza :D Would recommend them to anyone wanting somewhere really nice to stay between Figueretes and PDB. After playing with all the new toys we took a walk down to Bora Bora, a few drinks and tried to catch a few rays. Unfortunately our bodies were ready to give up on us after Friday nights shenanigans so we crawled (literally :lol: ) back to the apartment for a little siesta before we waited for Alex to arrive and head out to dinner. However then we remembered we don't waste time by doing this sleeping malarky in Ibiza so had a few drinks on our terrace, got changed and then headed to Bora Bora for a few pre-dinner drinks. For all those cynics that said Bora Bora wouldn't be the same it was just like going to see an old faithful friend, proper going off so we threw a few shapes and almost did contemplate cancelling the restaurant and spending the night down there. However we knew we had a marathon sesh in front of us so did the sensible thing for once and got taxi to El Ayoun and met up with Alex who'd just arrived. The setting is absolutely gorgeous, really romantic and absolutely lovely food, definitely one of my new faves. Headed back to the apartment for a few hours shut-eye before the main event We Love Sundays Opening :D The usual pre-Space shenanigans followed with a family breakfast and smoothies (Tom) and roses (the rest of us :lol: ) before making that all to familiar trip across the Space carpark hearing the music and all excited at what was going to be in store for us with this new terrace.

Got in and managed to get our hairdressing appointments sorted in 2 mins :lol: ;) and then checked out the new/temporary/whatever terrace. Well tbh it just felt like the old one, my only criticism would be the lack of raised objects to dance on, altho with my track record that's probably a good thing :eek: :lol:

Jonathon Ulysses was doing what he does best on a Sunday afternoon and the terrace was warming up nicely. Met up with Jon and Bec and Stephen and Anthony and Rob and it was all good :D Then it was Tom Novy and Nic Fanciulli, both bringing out some proper terrace tunes. I'll leave it to the boys to remember what was played as they're better at that than me :lol: Quick pass out to Bora Bora and then back for Groove Armada. I think Mr Hughes has made a bit of a faux pas with booking them as residents as a replacement to Lawler, they brought out the usual Groove Armada 'anthems' - Afro Medusa, Born Slippy, Together so there were lots of exploding moments probably aided by the bottle of poppers permanently attached to our noses :lol: but it wasn't a classic terrace set a la Lawler and when they finished with Superstylin' (for the second time :rolleyes: ) I did feel like ramming the bloody record down their throats :lol:

Terrace closed at about 12.15 and we headed inside for Ivan Smagghie who was fab and then 2 Many DJs who were definitely the set of the day (much hysterics when they played Professional Widow which is officially Tom's worse song in the world EVER :lol: ;) ), had a little break on the upstairs terrace and I think we might have caught a bit of Jeff Mills before dragging our weary bodies back to the apartment, kidnapping poor Rob in the process :lol: ready for Part 2 DC10 :D

Had lots of fun back at the apartment waiting to go to DC10. Think we literally drank Ibiza and probably the neighbouring Balaeric Islands dry of Lucozade :lol:, had some fruit therapy courtesy of the Fruit Therapist aka Rachel :lol: and took 'wee tricks' to the next level, ie there was no trick involved :oops: :eek: :lol: After much giddiness, headed out and got taxi to DC10 where the music was all good and then Jo Mills played a blinding set. DC10 was a lot quieter than usual which meant it was much better than the usual can of sardines. Then headed back to Bora Bora with the view of finishing the night off in style-eee with a session down there. Then I had one of those brainwaves which you only get when you've been up and on it for 36 hours as I declared 'let's all go to Roger Sanchez' :lol:

So we head back to the apartment for a quick pick-me-up and I really don't know what happened in this next half an hour :confused: :eek: :lol: Me and Rach wanted to prove we were grown up ladieeez by going back to the apartment before the boys cos they wanted to stop off for supplies. Somehow me and Rachel ended up in a building site :confused: :eek: I blame Rachel and think she wanted to find some Spanish builders to 'help' :lol: She blames me for wanting to go on a minxy adventure :lol: Anyway we can't get out of this building site :confused: :eek: So we're teetering around trying to find our escape route when I have this brainwave (yes another one :lol: ) of getting a chair and climbing over the 8ft fence round the building site. The next thing I know I've fallen off, Rachel somehow manages to escape thru a little hole and Tom and co come down the road finding Rachel walking down the road wailing 'Sarah Sarah, where are you, I've lost you' :lol: They find me laid in a heap (a bag of old clothes is how Tom described me :lol: ), my foot is all cut and bleeding, I am covered in bruises like never before (and I bruise a lot :eek: :lol: ) and I've lost my pink Versace sunglasses :eek: :lol: (no not my beautiful pink Versace sunglasses :cry: ) Anyway it takes more than a few scrapes to bring this old bint down so 10 minutes later we're in a taxi heading to Pacha for Release Yourself. The man Sanchez did what he does best, nothing particularly groundbreaking musically but just what we needed and he managed to keep us dancing on the dancefloor all night which is an achievement in itself saying this was our third club in 2 days without sleep :lol: Managed to lock myself in the toilets at Pacha as well :oops: :lol:

Headed home and managed to get a couple of hours of this sleep business, woke up feeling wrong wrong wrong so the only solution to that is to get back on the rose. Had great pleasure in examining all my bruises from the previous nights building site escapade, I don't know how many people I insisted on showing my bum to complete with a bruise the size of a tennis ball :oops: :eek: It was Lover Rachel's last day :cry: so we headed down to Talamanca and had a gorgeous late lunch at Sa Punta and a few bottles of white wine. Did our bestest to convince Rach to extend her stay but eventually we got her to the airport and waved her off about 10pm :cry:

We were meant to be going for dinner at KM5 that night but not feeling particularly hungry so Jamie and Alex took us to Schonti Shakti where I had my first ever curry cos I just don't do curries :lol: Anyway I quite enjoyed it and any restaurant that is bright pink is all good in my eyes :lol: Finally got some shut eye in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Wednesday me and Tom thought we'd best do a bit of this sunbathing business so spent a lovely relaxing day on the beach and then went out for drinks and had lovely meal at La Olivio in Ibiza Town. Did contemplate La Troya but knew I had to be on top form for Tom's faves Deep Dish on Thursday night so we headed home and when I saw how destroyed Jamie and Alex were after La Troya and La Troya aftershow I did feel quietly smug at how great I felt altho that quickly passed when I heard what I'd missed :evil: :lol: ;) While they tried to get some sleep, me and Tom met up with Jon and Bec at Passion and then spent the afternoon drinking pints of lager and lime at Bora Bora (why do I only ever drink lager at Bora Bora :lol: ) Headed over to Khumaras for the sunset and then went and had a yummy meal at Kasbah. This eating business just about finished poor Jamie and Alex off so they stayed at the apartment while we headed to Pacha for Deep Dish. Met up with Jon and Bec and got on the dancefloor early. Well I've never been a massive fan of Deep Dish, I think they can be pretty good but I always make out I don't like them cos Tom loves them so much, in the same way he always makes out he doesn't like my babe Jon Carter and Delboy :lol: ;) Well it was definitely my best night and set of the holiday. Pacha was proper going off and the music was blinding so I ate lots of humble pie to Tom :lol: ;) Left Pacha at the end and they were giving out wristbands for What's Up @ Space so it would have been rude not to :lol:

I also had the brainwave (you think I'd have stopped having these by now :lol: ) that if we went to Space, then had a Bora Bora sesh we could have a relaxing Friday night and not go clubbing and then feel fine for our last day and journey home. Famous last words (again :eek: :lol: )

Jumped on Jamie's bed when we got in with spare Space wristbands and he got himself up and on it and we all headed to Space. The music at What's Up was blinding but it was pretty quiet, I really hope this sesh takes off cos some of the line-ups are sooo good. We left there with the view to staying at Bora Bora til we were ready to drop. Well I blame that Jon and Bec cos as they came to meet us they were walking from their hotel and what do they find just laying in the street, a big bag of something we'd been looking for all week ;) so it went downhill from there :eek: :lol: Stayed at Bora Bora til midnight where we were given free passes for La Comunidad so thought we could just pop in and say hi :lol: Had a little sesh inside at Bora Bora which is all good and then literally did pop in and say hi at Space :lol: I think that was the first time even I've ever done 2 different Space sessions in the space of 12 hours :lol:

Headed back to our apartment where it went rapidly downhill (or uphill, whichever way you look at it :lol:). Tom finally fell asleep leaving me, Jamie and Rob on our own and you know what we're like without a responsible adult to keep us in line. We were soooo close to changing our flight home to Monday to the point where we even got our flight confirmation print out out to make the call :lol: Eventually reality sank in and we realised it was 8am, we hadn't been to bed since Wednesday night and we had to pack and check out by midday :eek: Had a couple of hours valium induced sleep, somehow managed to pack, tidy apartment and get all the damage deposit back :eek: :lol:

Realised we'd not eaten for 36+ hours so had a good old veggie breakfast at Passion and a few roses. Did really think we should do some more of this sunbathing as we can't have spent more than 10 hours on the beach all week but somehow have managed to get decent tan and instead opted for a few hours sat at Bora Bora having a few drinks and lots of fun.

Headed into Ibiza Town where Tom bought me the bestest new pair of pink Versace sunglasses (I never liked my old ones that I lost anyway :lol: ) and we went out for final meal of pizza. Headed down to Bora Bora for one last sesh and it was soooooo good, perfect end to the holiday, before we reluctantly left (well I was dragged in a headlock :lol: ) and said a final farewell to Rob :cry: (who is officially caner of the holiday, I thought me and Jamie had stamina but that boy puts us to shame :eek: :lol: )

Got a bit shop happy at the airport and managed to spend 350 euros altho in my defence most of that was on cigarettes so I'm essentially saving money :lol: Then had a massive crisis cos as I paid for stuff on my credit card I'd only lost Tom's sunglasses case with 500+ euros and our cards in it :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG I thought this isn't even N______C_______ punishment I'm going to be sent to the N______N_______C________ where only the really really naughty girls go :eek: So as I'm frantically throwing things out of bags and Tom and Jamie are running round the airport this man comes up to me and says are you looking for something cos someone gave a sunglasses case to a Security Guard. If I ever see that man again, well you can have whatever you want, sexual favours you name it :lol: We go back into Duty Free and go to the Security Room and the Security Guard is just filling in a lost property form for a D&G sunglasses case and cash. OMG thankyou you kind kind man whoever you were :D

Well after that I needed a STIFF drink and chainsmoked til it was time for boarding and then we made that evil journey home :evil:

All in all it was a fab fab week, there was lots of time for me and Tom to do nice stuff, great great company, nobody bothered me with 'are you that Barbie girl' :lol: lots and lots of carnage, I can't remember laughing so much and a lot of things that happened should never be repeated to outsiders :lol: :D

Woke up this morning feeling suprisingly well and gave my mum a quick ring to let her know I was alive and in one piece and then she had to put my dad on the phone cos she was so upset to tell me that my grandad has got cancer :cry: :cry: :cry: and is going into hospital tomorow for operation which was just the worse possible news to come home to when you're feeling pretty fragile as it is. They'd found out last Monday but didn't tell me when I rang them mid-week cos they didn't want to spoil my holiday and I can understand why.

So great week, horrible horrible homecoming and roll on September.

thumb.gif
thumb.gif

I salute you! Great review! Looking forward to partying with you in September. :eek: ;) :twisted:

silvia said:
So, how many bruises? :lol: ;)

Sil I'm just one big bruise :eek: The one on my bum is the best :lol: I had trouble sitting down for 2 days :eek: And then my thighs, calves, knees and arms are covered too :eek: :lol: Me and Tom went to M&S today to buy food and he said in the cold light of daylight I look like I've been thrown down to the stairs :lol:

All part and parcel of an Ibiza holiday Babs style-eeeee :lol:

j_love01 said:
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

I salute you! Great review! Looking forward to partying with you in September. :eek: ;) :twisted:

We were only meant to be going back for 11 days in September but I've just 'accidentally' extended the hols by a couple of days ;)

Barbie said:
Sil I'm just one big bruise :eek: The one on my bum is the best :lol: I had trouble sitting down for 2 days :eek: And then my thighs, calves, knees and arms are covered too :eek: :lol: Me and Tom went to M&S today to buy food and he said in the cold light of daylight I look like I've been thrown down to the stairs :lol:

All part and parcel of an Ibiza holiday Babs style-eeeee :lol:

I partially understood the building adventure (just got a laughing cigarete ;) ) but the imagies it came to my mind were just :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

silvia said:
I partially understood the building adventure (just got a laughing cigarete ;) ) but the imagies it came to my mind were just :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't even understand how we came to end up in a building site, we left the boys for literally 15 mins and all we had to do was get back to the apartment and we can't even manage that :eek: :lol: Tom, Jamie and Alex made us go back in there the next day to see if it brought back any flashbacks as to how and why we ended up in there but I think it's going to be one of lifes mysteries :lol:

The moral of the story is that me and Rach aren't allowed out without resonsible adults :lol:

silvia said:
BTW, I saw you didn't make it Formentera, so will we meet at Blue Bar in september? :D

Sil I finally made it! :D Got invited to sail over with some friends of mine. Absolutely loved it!

cookie said:
Sil I finally made it! :D Got invited to sail over with some friends of mine. Absolutely loved it!

What beach did you visit? :D
I'm going with Pep four days in september, can't wait :D :D :D

silvia said:
BTW, I saw you didn't make it Formentera, so will we meet at Blue Bar in september? :D

We did plan on going on the Weds but I was really destroyed and I thought the boat journey might just finish me off and you'd find me in September curled up in a cave in Formentera :lol:

Consider it a date for September ;)

erm not sure it had a pyramid shaped restaurant on it that we went to for a delicious paella. We just anchored at a beach which we could see a restaurant on. Next year I'm definitely going to try and spend a few days over there chilling out.

cookie said:
erm not sure it had a pyramid shaped restaurant on it that we went to for a delicious paella. We just anchored at a beach which we could see a restaurant on. Next year I'm definitely going to try and spend a few days over there chilling out.

Do it Jamie, you will love it. It's like Cabo de Gata: only stunning beaches and relax ;)

silvia said:
Do it Jamie, you will love it. It's like Cabo de Gata: only stunning beaches and relax ;)

Yeah I'm definitely hoping to.

As soon as I get some brain cells back I'll post some pics of the beach we went to

cookie said:
Fab review babe, brought lots of happy memories flooding back :D

Exactly :D Every time me and Tom have got :cry: today he was helping me write my review and we were looking at the piccies and couldn't help but smile remembering it all :D

Barbie said:
Groove Armada. I think Mr Hughes has made a bit of a faux pas with booking them as residents as a replacement to Lawler, they brought out the usual Groove Armada 'anthems' - Afro Medusa, Born Slippy, Together so there were lots of exploding moments probably aided by the bottle of poppers permanently attached to our noses :lol: but it wasn't a classic terrace set a la Lawler and when they finished with Superstylin' (for the second time :rolleyes: ) I did feel like ramming the bloody record down their throats :lol:

Are you sure that they didn't just use the DAT from last years We Love... closing party cos it sounds like the same set was played! :eek:

macdonsj said:
Are you sure that they didn't just use the DAT from last years We Love... closing party cos it sounds like the same set was played! :eek:

They always seem to play the same old rubbish

It seems like a complete contradiction to their policy for the rest of the djs booked - lots of innovation like Blackstrobe, Fanciulli etc and then they booke the Chas and Dave of the DJ world

Back