Ayia Napa - Has anyone been there

vinylgroover

Hi guys,

I'm getting myself organised to head to Ibiza for the first time this year. I will be coming to Europe for 2 months and will be going to Greece as well. Has anyone been to Ayia Napa in Cyprus? What is it like? I will either go there or do the other Greek isles like Mykonos instead.

I know it's not quite like Ibiza, but is Ayia Napa worth checking out as well?

vinylgroover said:
Hi guys,

I'm getting myself organised to head to Ibiza for the first time this year. I will be coming to Europe for 2 months and will be going to Greece as well. Has anyone been to Ayia Napa in Cyprus? What is it like? I will either go there or do the other Greek isles like Mykonos instead.

I know it's not quite like Ibiza, but is Ayia Napa worth checking out as well?

would rather eat worms than go there. sure u will have fun though!

well biff, u can count me off your ever growing list hehehe.....

ayia napa is much more for 'garage heads' as ibiza is renowed to be house and trance....

i think its abit like the west end in parts, but i'm sure there are lovely beaches and scenery.....

The last i heard the authorities have clamped down on the parying because they don't want it too become another 'ibiza', whatever that meands...

apparently they have started doing funky house nights out there. And promotors such as miss money pennys put nights on. I heard there some quite good places and it's not all garage. But I tell you one thing, stay away from drugs out there, there is zero tolerance. (This is what I heard, don't quote me on it)

It's definatly worth a visit, if only for the surrounding scenery. Cyprus is spot on where ever you go, genuinely nice people too. As for Ayia Napa, it's not as lively as it was, but if you like drum and bass, it's a sure thing.
I loved my holiday there, but on the clubbing front it was a bit of a let down as house is my thing.
I was there last June and in Ibiza in September, and for me, Ibiza won hands down.

yeah its just like the west end on large scale really,and theres only two beaches,nissi beach is a dump,i had a great holiday tho,the only decent club is pzazz

Thanks guys,

Doesn't sound all that encouraging. I'm not into drum n bass. The closest i ever got to Drum n basss was breakbeat happy hard back in '93-'94.

Maybe i'll just do all my partying in Ibiza and do the other Greek isles instead for relaxation.

Back