ayia napa??Advice needed

figo117

Ive been going to ibiza 7 years on trot now, been to heaps of other places too..
Lads booking ayia napa today, for a week in July...
Is it any use at all? its a place id never consider going to before,
Anyone ever been??

can't even try to think about possibility comparing ibiza to this place...

have fun anyway hehe

Went a couple of times (about 8 years ago) and it was mainly UK Garage, would assume its still similar (music-wise). I would say its slightly better than the west end.

can't even try to think about possibility comparing ibiza to this place...

have fun anyway hehe
im not trying to compare it with ibiza, just seeing if any of it is any use.
****it most of football team going, cant be that bad of a place,
digweed, kleinenberg are playing in a club when im there happy days

Going on holiday with a football team to Ayia Napa sounds like hell. HELL. Sack it off and spend your holidays doing something fun man.

I went to Ayia Napa about 9 years ago as my friends wouldn't go to Ibiza ... I had a great holiday but only because most holidays where u sunbathe all day and party all night are great, I wouldn't go again its not my scene at all ... I had 9 hours sleep for the whole week i was there no drugs and was very ill when I came back

I went there once in 2001 or 2002. The beaches are much better than those of ibiza. the clubs are not as crazy but still a good time. only spent one night there though.

figo117 good luck to ya mate, but your at the wrong shop - you have asked an honest question but the few constructive answers you will get will be drowned out by 'no don't go it's full of people who are different to us!' responses.

figo117 good luck to ya mate, but your at the wrong shop - you have asked an honest question but the few constructive answers you will get will be drowned out by 'no don't go it's full of people who are different to us!' responses.
true, cheers for comments. ****it it will be interesting to see what the kip is like,
an experience to say the least :)

Just got back from Cyprus last month - over getting married!

It isnt Ibiza but I was still pleasently surprised. Would agree that the bars are better that West End but not a patch on Ibiza for clubbing but at the same time you arent paying 40-50 EURO to get in!

Will be VERY hot in July!

There is a beach bar in Nissi Bay that we went to most days that we really enjoyed. Reminded me of the early years of Bora Bora (loud music, dancing on the tables etc). It is well worth a visit!

Hope you have a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:
ayiiaaaaaa nappppppa

do people still go there? - I thought it was just a passing fad in 1999?

a fair few of the bling set go to puerto banus these days - if that's your thing

I went summer of 2000 with a group of about 20 girls, got heat stroke for a few days as it was in the 40's! The clubs are nothing like Ibiza but it's nice enough if your a big group of lads wanting sunshine , beers and some good bars. On a plus note my friend went a couple of years ago and said it was all women there so you may be in luck, on a bad note, when I was there I watched a guy get slashed to death with a cut throat razor about 4m in front of me on Nissi Beach whilst Trevor Nelson was playing live on Radio 1!

I went summer of 2000 with a group of about 20 girls, got heat stroke for a few days as it was in the 40's! The clubs are nothing like Ibiza but it's nice enough if your a big group of lads wanting sunshine , beers and some good bars. On a plus note my friend went a couple of years ago and said it was all women there so you may be in luck, on a bad note, when I was there I watched a guy get slashed to death with a cut throat razor about 4m in front of me on Nissi Beach whilst Trevor Nelson was playing live on Radio 1!

:eek::eek::eek:

OMg! And I thought I had it bad in 2000 when a glass ashtray missed my head by about 2 cm and everyone sarted threatening to shoot each other around me!

:eek::eek::eek:

OMg! And I thought I had it bad in 2000 when a glass ashtray missed my head by about 2 cm and everyone sarted threatening to shoot each other around me!
Sounds familiar! That's the thing with Aiya Napa, lots of gang/drug dealer rivalry, I think thats what was going on when I was innocently sunbathing on Nissi Beach!

Me and my girlfriend went to Cyprus last year, stayed in Protaras(the next resort to ayia napa). Cyprus is a lovely island, the weather is alot hotter than Ibiza but Ayia napa isnt anything special. If your looking to have a good holiday, great weather, lovely island and have good nights on the piss then Ayia napa is good. But its nothing like Ibiza. Its alot more commercial house/electro these days aswell.

p.s. The castle club is the best club to go to in Ayia napa, if I had to compare it to a club in Ibiza id compare it to Play 2 but bigger lol

Back