Awesome club!!!

TigerVlc

Last weekend I was in Madrid, and I had the desired opportunity to do the most famous after-hours in Spain alongside Space Ibiza. Its name: Space of Sound @ Macumba, Sundays from 10'00 to 19'00.

I think due to what I felt in there, this venue is a must for all clubbing gurus. Has anyone of you Ibiza-Spotlight peeps ever visited this club?

It's enormous and roomy, what is not usual for an after-hours, making me remember the big venues of Ibiza, the crowd is really cool, the sound system is stunning (similar to Space Ibiza inner room, but a much more spacious room) and the music was great. It was sorta freestyle party, as the different resident DJs played both quality house and techno (but much more house than techno). How lucky the people from Madrid are, I'm jealous :p. Don't miss it if you have the chance!

Sadly when I was in Madrid I didn't go clubbing, but I remember walking the loooong walk from the bus station to the centre of the city to get yet another bus out to the airport and seeing a full cafe full of clubbers having churros con chocolate at 7am. It was a very madrileno moment. :)

If an after club starts at 10am, what time do the regular clubs close usually? About 10am, or later?

motionpicture said:
I remember walking the loooong walk from the bus station to the centre of the city

You mean the bus station nearby the KIO towers up North? That's a VERY long walk to the center mate! :eek:

motionpicture said:
If an after club starts at 10am, what time do the regular clubs close usually? About 10am, or later?

Clubs inside the cities in Spain usually close at 7, 8 am. Some around my town but outside it close at 9, but till 2 years ago they closed at 12 or 13. But as many people I know do, including me when after-clubbing, and it's becoming usual, many people go to after-hours after having a sleep on Saturday night, or at least a nap of 4 or 5 hours. You feel the experience much better.

The best thing you can do to go to Space of Sound is going to bed the night before at max. 2 or 3am, waking up at 10 or 11, having an easy and relaxed Sunday breakfast, maybe you can fancy some warm-up drink and a chat at some bar (better if you know someone who lives in the city to go to his/her place) and afterwards heading to the club at around 13'00 (it's easy to get to it by tube).

motionpicture said:
Sadly when I was in Madrid I didn't go clubbing, but I remember walking the loooong walk from the bus station to the centre of the city to get yet another bus out to the airport and seeing a full cafe full of clubbers having churros con chocolate at 7am. It was a very madrileno moment. :)

Clubs are supposed to close at 6.00 but most days they close at 7-8. Afters open at 6 but most people just sit in any terrace / cafe, have few drinks and then go to the afters. And you can find re-afters opening at 3.00pm and re-re-afters opening at 19.00

silvia said:
motionpicture said:

Clubs are supposed to close at 6.00 but most days they close at 7-8. Afters open at 6 but most people just sit in any terrace / cafe, have few drinks and then go to the afters. And you can find re-afters opening at 3.00pm and re-re-afters opening at 19.00

Any more info on which club for NYE in Barcelona Silvia?

DrewUK said:
silvia said:
motionpicture said:

Any more info on which club for NYE in Barcelona Silvia?

The Christmas Lights are ready in the most important department center. In two weeks the lights in the streets will be ready too. So I expect to have the info in two, three weeks... You know, Spain is the mañana-country ;)

when i was in Madrid last February i went to a place called Joy they just played lots of samba salsa type stuff!!! :confused:

Noooo Ruth! :( You refer to Joy Eslava?

You did the worst and most posh club in Madrid.
For the next time I'd recommend you Cream (thursdays), Deep (Fridays), Danzoo (Fri-Sat), The Room (Fri-Sat), Coppelia (if you like techno, Fri-Sat), Space Of Sound (Sundays morning-evening the most recommended), People (Sundays, evening-night), Essence(Sunday, evening-night), Sundance, Heaven or Week-End (all three Sundays at night).

think so yes! i remember it been waiter service and all that!.
Thanks for the tips.

TigerVlc said:
motionpicture said:
I remember walking the loooong walk from the bus station to the centre of the city

You mean the bus station nearby the KIO towers up North? That's a VERY long walk to the center mate! :eek:

No, I arrived in the southern part of the city, having gotten the overnight coach from Sevilla. The walk probably took an hour, but that was with a big backpack on.

In my opinion Madrid is great to visit for tourism as well as for clubbing. A word to define it is majestic, whilst to Barcelona would be gorgeous.

However Madrid is not the city I would choose to live in. Main reasons: weather (too hot in summer, too cold in winter), traffic (usually terrible), location (it's very far from the shore), strange mood (whilst the people you know from there are very friendly, the rest of citizens use to be unpleasant and harsh, the other day I had to check it again when we were asking for a street, some people simply ignoring us as if we were invisible, others with a very short explanation before resuming their way, or maybe we just scare the people?:eek: :confused: :p

TigerVlc said:
In my opinion Madrid is great to visit for tourism as well as for clubbing. A word to define it is majestic, whilst to Barcelona would be gorgeous.

However Madrid is not the city I would choose to live in. Main reasons: weather (too hot in summer, too cold in winter), traffic (usually terrible), location (it's very far from the shore), strange mood (whilst the people you know from there are very friendly, the rest of citizens use to be unpleasant and harsh, the other day I had to check it again when we were asking for a street, some people simply ignoring us as if we were invisible, others with a very short explanation before resuming their way, or maybe we just scare the people?:eek: :confused: :p

Madrid stresses me. THe traffic is horrible, people it's noisy and it's too majestic for me. THe capital of the empire. And, as you said, it's in the middle of nowhere....

i loved it! thought it was really vibrant and friendly!
never been to barcelona though

TigerVlc said:
I'd recommend you Cream (thursdays)

wrong. I've got informed and this club is now decaying. Best choices for thursday nights are currently Sunflowers@Cool and Nature@Chango.

Back