Avicii retires

He might be really nice to his mum but then again so were the krays. Not really the point though is it... He could be anyone. It doesn't matter. It's what he represents. ie shit billboards advertising shit nights showcasing shit music for little shits in shit baseball caps with shit taste.

He might be really nice to his mum but then again so were the krays. Not really the point though is it... He could be anyone. It doesn't matter. It's what he represents. ie shit billboards advertising shit nights showcasing shit music for little shits in shit baseball caps with shit taste.

He's still a human being.
And who are you to call anyone out on tastes? Music is subjective. If he made millions of people happy, who are you to tell them otherwise? :lol:

Totally agree with your comments that it's shitty music. Think you should hold the mayo with " shitty baseball cap wearing shits" tho.

It's the choice of individuals concerned if they wanna be subjected to this or not.

Sure people got the choice to do what they want. Same way I reserve the right to take the piss. Anyway we all know it's thick americans who got bored of Korn or whatever and suddenly got into Molly (30 years after the Brits)

Sure people got the choice to do what they want. Same way I reserve the right to take the piss. Anyway we all know it's thick americans who got bored of Korn or whatever and suddenly got into Molly (30 years after the Brits)
You can't come on these boards and speak like this.

The only thing I agree about is the quality of the music.

That does not give you the right to abuse people regardless of which country you are from.

You can't come on these boards and speak like this.

The only thing I agree about is the quality of the music.

That does not give you the right to abuse people regardless of which country you are from.

Oh pur-lease. Off high horse now.

I'm speaking on behalf of the entire HOUSE family here. Everyone feels the same way.

its a free forum i think everyone should be able to bash away if thats there opinion.

Of course people can have their opinion. I agree about the music and don't think it's even rude to say certain types of music is shit etc.

I don't condone the use of language that picks on a persons nationality and adds it's to derogatory comments such as "thick Americans"

I hate Edm, Camera loving numpties and the whole commercial crap and I especially don't like people saying comments about being on a high horse.

There is no place for casual racism. I am not defending the Edm brigade.

Racism!!! Ha

Ok, You know what killed disco in the US, right - Yes, racism

You know WHO killed disco in the US - yes the US corporate music industry

You know who has fought against house music since day 1 - yes the US corporate music industry

You know who supports the US corporate music industry - yes the (insert profanity of choice) who shake glowsticks at cynical edm events

Worked it out yet? But shoot the messenger right...

Seriously I am done with my comments you clearly don't read anything in my comments that you don't want to listen to.

I hate Edm and I mentioned casual racism. Your comments are exactly that whether you choose to accept that or not. It's not my issue I am done.

You guys are being pretty harsh and i find it hilarious. Im from the states (new york particularly) and the majority of the scene is pretty bad, luckily for me I am in new york so have access to a pretty good scene (underground parties, warehouse events which arent ran by bullshit pop promoters, etc). Im not easily offended so i dont even mind the shot at the states as long as its understood that doesnt apply to everyone which i think it is.

I think its been taken alot more seriously than it was intended or at least thats how i took it

Last edited:
Ffs mate, has he slept with the Mrs or robbed your wallet eh? You've really got it in for him. The kids human, he has feelings aswell. Chill man.

My main issue with SSA's comment about America being at fault is that he conveniently forgets Europe feeds into Avicii and other EDM stuff just as much. I mean SHM sold out Milton Keynes Bowl and i dont think i need to list the amount of success Avicii has had in Europe too...

michaeljacksongif.gif

My main issue with SSA's comment about America being at fault is that he conveniently forgets Europe feeds into Avicii and other EDM stuff just as much. I mean SHM sold out Milton Keynes Bowl and i dont think i need to list the amount of success Avicii has had in Europe too...

Not ashamed to say I used to love SHM, went to Amsterdam to see them and it was one of the best nights I've ever had. I'm not into the stuff Axwell etc put out now and am not a fan of EDM, but I still listen to some of the old Swedish stuff because I like it and it has great memories for me. 'Leave the world behind' always gets me in the mood for Ibiza. There were a fair few Avicii tracks I liked back then too. Would never ever go watch him now but whatever, live and let live.

Not ashamed to say I used to love SHM, went to Amsterdam to see them and it was one of the best nights I've ever had. I'm not into the stuff Axwell etc put out now and am not a fan of EDM, but I still listen to some of the old Swedish stuff because I like it and it has great memories for me. 'Leave the world behind' always gets me in the mood for Ibiza. There were a fair few Avicii tracks I liked back then too. Would never ever go watch him now but whatever, live and let live.

I could have written this myself...i share the same sentiment.

Back