Australian open - incredible match

WeLuvIbiza

Absolutely stunning tennis at times, Rafa a worthy winner. So sad to see Roger in tears at the presentation:cry:.

Winning the French is going to be one helluva challenge for Fed. Wimbledon & Us maybe :).

Two incredible players for sure.

they make the game what it is @ the moment!

wasnt it unreal to watch!! :eek:

some of those rallies were the best ive seen in a long long time!

to Federer's defence, Nadal has been super lucky with his game draws this year, very few played in the peak daytime heat, most were evening affairs. butttt Nadal worked a 5.5 hour game just 2 days before giving Federer an extra day off.

you see the passion in Federer when doing his acceptance speach, the man broke down into tears!

Fed def has alot more to offer the sport and will maintain as 1 of the best in the world for a few more years to come ... his 14th grand slam title will come by the end of 2009 for sure.

more tennis like that please. :D :D

for Rafa to come back so strong after his marathon match with Verdasco shows how fit he is. It was tough to see Fed in tears, but i think it will keep him hungry to be back on top.

p.s. anyone think murray was a bit over-estimated in how he would perform?

for Rafa to come back so strong after his marathon match with Verdasco shows how fit he is. It was tough to see Fed in tears, but i think it will keep him hungry to be back on top.

I think Murray is way behind Rafa. There was a lot of speculation before the US open last year about Murray beating fed in the final, came to nothing, ditto Wimbledon vs Rafa. Obviously Murray is an outstanding player and despite his record against fed away from the slams, feel he is still some way behind fedex.

Last year the press had written off Federer, 3 out of four finals winning one of them! I sincerely hope he can at the very least equal the Samprass record, needs to get out of the mental rut created in France last year imho. Quite how is another matter!

For any young lad getting into sport, I cannot think of two better role models than Federer and Rafa, ok three, Tiger. The physical and mental requirements to perform at that level is mind blowing.

amazing.. over 4 hours of quality tennis (maybe the last set dipped a bit)

The calendar grand slam is on! ;)

Won of the best matches I ever seen... i though it would have been hard to top the wimbledon final but i was wrong.
J

yeah i think so - i expected him to do alittle better than he did, but obviously the heat factor played a biiiiig part in his performance.

outstanding player, the best representing us in years!

has a long way to go untill he is on the level of Nadal, Federer & Djokovic ... but he has many a year ahead of him and with Miles Maclagan as his coach, he is in the best possible hands (some say) ...

exciting times for British tennis non the less :D

amazing.. over 4 hours of quality tennis (maybe the last set dipped a bit)

i agree, i think the wheels just feel off for the last set for Fed. It's great to see Nadal improving b/c he really does go after every single point with such intensity. But i'm waiting to Fed to be back on top! this should be an exciting year either way.

i agree, i think the wheels just feel off for the last set for Fed. It's great to see Nadal improving b/c he really does go after every single point with such intensity. But i'm waiting to Fed to be back on top! this should be an exciting year either way.

Here, here. If I could wish for one sporting result this year it would be for Fed to win the French, a tall order indeed if a fully fit Nadal turns up but we can hope:)

Here, here. If I could wish for one sporting result this year it would be for Fed to win the French, a tall order indeed if a fully fit Nadal turns up but we can hope:)

For some reason i'm thinking it could happen. with rafa beating him on his hallowed grass and now hard, i feel like he may really buckle down for roland garros. but i'm thinking the other Spanish French players may have a better hand on the clay (if somehow they get a wicked easy draw).

YUM YUMMMMMY YUMM YUM.... NADAL IS FRIKKIN HOT!!!! even picking out that non-existant wedgie...... i want his babies....
YUM YUMMMY YUM YUM YUM,MMMMMYYY..... :twisted:

ohhhh yeah great game too btw ;)

YUM YUMMMMMY YUMM YUM.... NADAL IS FRIKKIN HOT!!!! even picking out that non-existant wedgie...... i want his babies....
YUM YUMMMY YUM YUM YUM,MMMMMYYY..... :twisted:

ohhhh yeah great game too btw ;)

Not another:rolleyes: My wifey behaves all strange when he is on, I don't think she would give much thought to our wedding vows if she had him locked in a room for the night :cry:

basically nadal has been my favourite sportsperson since his amazing first french open win.

i can't really put into words how amazing his technical, physical and most of mental skills and abilities are. he represents everything that a sportsperson should be or have. he has had to deal with sh!t that federer never had to, like winning over the luvvies at wimbledon.

in fact, he is so good, that the once fed-fan-central roland garros and wimbledon are now dominated outnumbered by nadal fans.

fed has a class and playing style that rafa could only dream of, but nadal for me has shown what sport is all about by beating the swiss on every level and in every way, including when he was facing the most extreme adversity.

simply put though, when fed was rafa's age, he'd won 2 grand slams. rafa now has 6.

visca nadal!!8)

Back