Assuming travel ban is lifted.

The_millsy

We are thinking of coming out to the island for a 4 week living holiday- late March in to April. I’ve only ever done off season at the other end of the year(November) and always loved it. Warm weather and empty beaches.

anyway I just wondered what the weather has been like in March/April the last few years? If anyone who lives there can help out with.

J

Thanks Buckley. I had already seen that. It’s just a bit general that’s all.
I wondered people’s personal experience in the last couple of years. For example November a couple of years back never dipped below 23/24 while I was there but the link you pasted doesn’t reflect that. Maybe a one off, I don’t know?
Yeah, I get you. @stivi is your man....

I immediately thought of America's recently rescinded "travel ban".

If they allow travel to Spain, do you think vaccination should be required beforehand? (I'm under the impression they are closed to tourism)

ok so...

first things first, and I might be totally wrong with this assumption, but right now my gut feeling tells me they might keep the travel restrictions up until the end of the state of alarm (9th may). they made it clear that this time they want to take their time lifting restrictions with the goal to be in a really favourable epidemiologic situation for the actual tourism season. this would also allow time for the vaccination campaign to make some real progress.

now, regarding weather. march and april are simply unpredictable and you can get everything in a fortnight, from a few quite cold days, over to heavy rain, windy days up to high 20s blue bird days with people on the beach. the main differences compared to november are A) longer days (very positive) and B) far colder sea temperatures. in november the sea is still warm from the summer, in march and up to mid/end april it's still really cold after the winter.

ok so...

first things first, and I might be totally wrong with this assumption, but right now my gut feeling tells me they might keep the travel restrictions up until the end of the state of alarm (9th may). they made it clear that this time they want to take their time lifting restrictions with the goal to be in a really favourable epidemiologic situation for the actual tourism season. this would also allow time for the vaccination campaign to make some real progress.

now, regarding weather. march and april are simply unpredictable and you can get everything in a fortnight, from a few quite cold days, over to heavy rain, windy days up to high 20s blue bird days with people on the beach. the main differences compared to november are A) longer days (very positive) and B) far colder sea temperatures. in november the sea is still warm from the summer, in march and up to mid/end april it's still really cold after the winter.
I am now definitely spending Easter 2022 on Ibiza.

Back