ASSORTED MUSIC

A

Angelique

Is there a place on the island where u will hear just straight heavy rock, alternative?

i-g

totally inaccurate. even i know there is plenty of rock on this island!

El heavy metal de Dark Elf abre el Nadal de Rock en «Sala Sol»

Los metaleros del cuarteto Dark Elf se encargaron de abrir el concierto Nadal de Rock que se celebró la noche del viernes en la discoteca «Sala Sol», antes «Kiss», en Platja d'en Bossa. En este concierto participaron tres grupos ibicencos: los elfos oscuros ya mencionados, Vitrol y Evasión. Los eléctricos rifs de Dark Elf, capitaneados por Marc Riera, empaparon la sala de aires de rock pesado adornados con un toque de música clásica del que ya estábamos advertidos. Marc, de tan sólo 16 años, piensa, que el heavy metal y la música clásica tienen puntos comunes que, claro está, hay que encontrar.

from today's ultima hora.

there are other bars where rock is played live

bar canto in san an, rustic in fig/pdb, raco verd in san jose, and las dalias in san carlos. plus many other fiestas and festivals round the island normally have local metal mayhem on their programme.

and from the news on this very website

Winter Rock Concerts
The dates for the rock concerts to take place in Playa den Bossa's Garbi discotheque are now no longer a closely guarded secret and nearly all has been revealed. The concerts will take place on: December 13, January 10, February 7, and March 6, and will include the likes of Mikel Erentxun, (ex Duncan Dhu), Danza Invisible and Los Secretos.

Other bands are still to be confirmed, but will give an opportunity for local artists to perform. The concerts start at 11 pm and cost €10.

Published 27.10.2003

HARD ROCK MUSIC

Thankx for the replies! I luv to hear live bands as well as all the other music so I definitely will be checking this out! :D

stephen said:
i-g

totally inaccurate.

ouch!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stephen said:
even i know there is plenty of rock on this island!

today when i was in plaza del sol in dalt vila i noticed that there was a rock concert in plaza del parque and the square was quite busy!! :eek:

on a curious note - i spoke with some tourists this morning. i wasnt expecting to find tourists visiting the cathedral, etc on december!! :eek:

stephen said:
rustic in fig/pdb

the coolest bar in ibiza is not in figueretas or es vive or playa d'en bossa. rustic is in cas serres. thats where manumission celebrated a special party in october!! 8)

(ste - answering an old PM: once the road is fixed the address will be avinguda sant jordi number something ;) )

among the rock bars you didnt mention: la cabaña (the favourite of everybody) and pacos in playa d'en bossa, de miedo in the port or pinguin bar in san antonio :!:

stephen said:
from today's ultima hora.

from mcrackin's ultima chorra:

the next interesting concert will be this friday night at de miedo in the port. dj biff and cherry b have confirmed their presence - are you joining us ste? :p

-
049.gif
-
049.gif
- :confused: -
049.gif
-

- cherry - biffy - ste - macky -

i'll be headbanging away until 9.30 pm!!

that reminds me.......

rock rebels that the wife and i are, we had eaten in el destino one christmas and ventured over to raco verd where there were a couple of local rock combos playing in the garden. it was freezing cold, there were a million stars out in the clear night sky, and glowing braziers lit and warmed the garden. we drank loads of whisky to keep warm and the next minute i looked round and jaki was gone! i spotted her a moment later on the floor where she had ended up after falling over a plant pot!

and we're still married to this day!

McRackin said:
today when i was in plaza del sol in dalt vila i noticed that there was a rock concert in plaza del parque

this is how plaza del parque looks like from plaza del sol:

Stadt03_WEB.JPG

stephen said:
i'll be headbanging away until 9.30 pm!!

no way - the concert starts later!! :lol:

stephen said:
rock rebels that the wife and i are

sorry - i forgot to mention jaki!! :oops:

rock on!! :twisted:

-
049.gif
-
049.gif
-
049.gif
- :confused: -
049.gif
-

- cherry - biffy - jaki - ste - macky -

Local Pop Group To Play The Liverpool Cavern.
Local rock group "Peter Colours" are to play a gig at the world famous birth place of "The Beatles", the Liverpool Cavern, on the 15th April. This is just one of the many bookings that this exciting group made upof 3 local young musicians have on their agenda as they continue to promote their own brand of rock all over Europe & at important concerts throughout Spain.

(the ibiza sun)

peter_colours.gif

:arrow: http://www.petercolours.com

this weekend theres the first ezk8 festival with hip-hop and metal bands (featuring hetzmek,
a band that includes ex-members of the disappeared santa eulalia satan-worshipping band
belcebur toys, were a well known guy from the staff of pacha used to play the bass :twisted: )..........

triptico1.jpg

.......... and on september 12th theres the rock boat party featuring djs from exile
(manchester), la cabaña (playa den bossa) and ground zero (san antonio) :!:

pick up and drop off in the san antonio marina
(in front of the fountains)

6.30 to 9.30pm

15€

mam nadzieje ze nie zostane usuniety za pisanie po polsku , heh , coraz bardziej podoba mi sie to forum , chociarz ciezko mi jest cos zczaic heh , ale jak juz zaczne dzialac normalnie to bedzie konkret :D

McRackin said:
this weekend theres the first ezk8 festival with hip-hop and metal bands (featuring hetzmek,
a band that includes ex-members of the disappeared santa eulalia satan-worshipping band
belcebur toys, were a well known guy from the staff of pacha used to play the bass :twisted: )..........
after the success of this event they have already announced a second ezk8 festival for
august 2005!! :p

skater.gif

today i saw in diario de ibiza that the biffys (a famous local band where our friend dj biff used to bang the drums) is one of the many ibiza bands from the 80s that will reunite for a special concert in november!! :eek:

Sargantana organiza un festival con grupos de rock de los 80
La asociación cultural Sargantana, tras el éxito obtenido con el concierto homenaje a Xico Bufí y el concurso de rock 2004, está preparando un festival de rock años 80, en el primer fin de semana de noviembre en una sala del municipio de Sant Josep.
Está previsto que participen buena parte de los grupos que estaban en activo en aquella década, como NPI, IBZ, Espacio en Blanco, Falsa Alarma, Kamikaze, Rock a Vila, Climax, Cas Vicarik Blues Band, A Salvo en Moscú, Desperfectos, Los Malos, Bourbon y Biffys.
La asociación organizadora ha anunciado también la actuación en el mismo festival de un grupo reconocido a nivel nacional. Para ello, espera contar con la colaboración económica del Ayuntamiento de Sant Josep y del Consell Insular.
Sargantana ha convocado una reunión para concretar las actuaciones con los diferentes grupos para el próximo miércoles, 22 de septiembre a las 22 horas en el bar Rustic *.

i wonder why nobody asked to the mcrackins to reunite for this event!! :confused:

picmcrackins.jpg

(mcrackins)

* btw, rustic got a special mention this month in the pacha mag :p

Back