Art Schmart

yep, leg end. love banksy art.

buckley knows him doesn't he?? or at least, must have had an encounter with him at some point, possibly whilst wearing that Kiss t-shirt.

yep, leg end. love banksy art.

buckley knows him doesn't he?? or at least, must have had an encounter with him at some point, possibly whilst wearing that Kiss t-shirt.

You've lost me there Gregodino - why woulf I know Banksy:?:

And when has he EVER worn a Kiss T-Shirt?! Let alone whilst getting photographed with a celeb?!

There is a piece of his work near new north road north London. The legion Tesco one outside the chemist. Someone had added there own piece to it before it was removed by council workers. They left Banksies work intact of course.

Funny how a few years ago Banksies work was getting wiped out by local authorities almost as quick as it went up but now its OK for him to use Londons walls as his canvas.

One rule for others and all that.

But he is good nonetheless.

he is good

recently was at the Pompidou centre in Paris - a lot of the modern art is hit or miss

some Jackson Pollock was good, some awful
was another dude whose name escapes me had some decent items

few years earlier was at the David Lynch exhibition - his art is mental but i liked it

There is a piece of his work near new north road north London. The legion Tesco one outside the chemist. Someone had added there own piece to it before it was removed by council workers. They left Banksies work intact of course.

Funny how a few years ago Banksies work was getting wiped out by local authorities almost as quick as it went up but now its OK for him to use Londons walls as his canvas.

One rule for others and all that.

But he is good nonetheless.

Yes I live near there!!

if you're into grafitti art, worth popping down to Juno on shoreditch high street where they occasionally host really good street artists 'tagteaming' and competing against each other on huge murals - basically competitions where each artist has to diss the other artist in the most brutal way in 20minutes and then a jury votes on the best work. Pretty good.

best animated art I've seen recently (online) is this mexican dude MUTO. Proper skillz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0qe3EnfBWU&feature=related

A few years back I checked out the grads work for Royal college of art near Vauxhall.

I do enjoy having a butchers at art on the rare occasion I go to an exhibition or gallery but some of this modern stuff was just pointless wxxk.

he is good

recently was at the Pompidou centre in Paris - a lot of the modern art is hit or miss

some Jackson Pollock was good, some awful
was another dude whose name escapes me had some decent items

few years earlier was at the David Lynch exhibition - his art is mental but i liked it
David Lynch's retrospective exhibit was in Moscow this spring. Really interesting stuff. He is a strange, twisted man! :lol:

I was just in Venice for the art Biennale and saw tons and tons of modern art - everything from painting and photography to video installations and sculpture.

Very true that modern art is hit or miss, but I feel so much richer for having gone. Some of the stuff was truly interesting (highlights: Russian, Australian, Brazilian, Egyptian, Dutch and Japanese pavilions, and the Unconditional Love exhibit) while others made you feel like someone was taking the p1ss! (looking at you, Swiss! French too...)

If anyone is still looking for a vacation or weekend break idea for this summer, head over to Venice for a few days. The Biennale goes on until October. I wish I had time to go back because there are so many exhibits around town we just didn't have time to see it all.

Back