Apartment or Hotel??

hypnotized

i'm planing on staying on playa den bossa beach for my second time in ibiza, but whats really bothring me is, should i stay in a hotel or in an apartment? since last time i stayed in san antoni the hotel was bad, the bathing water was salty(is that common in ibiza?) no AC and the beach had no activities. didnt do much research on my part that time i was too excited just to get there. wanted to know what do people here recomend since i'm favoring an apartment this time, i've noticed this site doesn't have info on all accommodation there. also wanted to know are the jet apartments any good.

hypnotized said:
i'm planing on staying on playa den bossa beach for my second time in ibiza, but whats really bothring me is, should i stay in a hotel or in an apartment? since last time i stayed in san antoni the hotel was bad, the bathing water was salty(is that common in ibiza?) no AC and the beach had no activities. didnt do much research on my part that time i was too excited just to get there. wanted to know what do people here recomend since i'm favoring an apartment this time, i've noticed this site doesn't have info on all accommodation there. also wanted to know are the jet apartments any good.
..bit new at this so bear with me.....just got back from Playa d'en Bosa where we stayed at Aparthotel Garbi.........4 star luxury....with free access to Garbi disco.........superb in every sense......booked it independently...using this site ....go for it....

I prefer apartments also as when we go we just basically suit ourselves. We can prepare food in the apartment or eat out every day. We wouldn't be interested in eating in the hotel. Also the self-catering apartments have a fridge.

Prefer apartments cos you're not dictated to when you eat and all that.

But if you do apartments in Playa den Bossa be warned that most of the retaurants are absolutely dire :rolleyes:

Re Jet I've stayed there before, they are ok, but a bit basic, but location is great.

hypnotized said:
free access to Garbi disco.........superb in every sense......

Hmmmm....is it as good as that other club round the corner that everyone's talking about m8? :lol:

I normally prefer apartments but we're going to a Fiesta hotel this year on half board. Probably won't be eating much but we got the week half board flying out 16 June for £287 each and the food's supposed to be pretty good.

I've stayed in the Fiesta Palmyra 3x and the food is quite decent, lots of salads, fish, etc. Breakfasts were also quite tasty if you can make them.

We don't stay there any more after 2000 I think it was because in a 2 wk holiday we worked out we had had something like 1 breakfast and 3 evening meals in the hotel :rolleyes:

If you stay in Playa Den Bossa, you will probably spend little time in your hotel pool (I certainly didn't) as the beach is fantastic and you have Bora Bora to chill out by all day.

The restaurants are fairly standard fair, but then when you're about to have a hard night's clubbing, pie and chips or a pizza is pretty much all you want. The food is also very cheap. As you're so close to ibiza Town (10 minutes on bus) the lack of decent restaurants really isn't an issue.

I'd plump for apartments every time as they work out far cheaper and you'll probably end up with a bigger room.

how about the bathing water?? i dont want to experience the salty water again. not a big deal really but i want to know any clue?

the water is the same everywhere but according to reports there is a new system in place meaning drinkable water (anyone tried yet?)

i always go for apts as it means you can eat anywhere and not be dictated to as far as meal times go. and a fridge is essential too!

1st year there it was just a hostel - no fridge - i'm diabetic so i had to store my insulin in a cold water filled bidet :confused:

if you go to san an again try the Mar Y Vent apatrments just up the road from savannahs raeally good friendly staff and you can do pretty much what you want.!!!

Used to stay in the Mar Y Vent, on about 4 occasions Excellent location and you can do what you want. Only down side if that Escapades (like 18-30) have a grip on it and the noise on my 'nights off' done my head in. Gabba Techno at 5.00 in the morning after you have been awake for 48 hours does mad things to you!

Last three years I have stayed in the Palmyra Hotel. A great base, very clean and you get a good kip in between. Food is excellent, but as previously stated you can pick and choose when you eat. The difefrence in price was not that much different, so if we didnt eat it was fine.

I personally find apartments cheaper, but then I find package holidays cheaper in general than doing it separately due to the suppliments for flying from Glasgow.

Back