Anyone got 500k Euros I could borrow?

:lol: That is the gaff where 'the villa party' was, it is near Cap llentrisca (search Buckleys villa party for pictures) Stu famously fell in the pool with all his gear (records, phone etc etc), i'm actually suprised there werent more casualties as those drops are SHEAR :eek:

Very nice place indeed, though I have seen nicer 8)

Were you there mate?!

floating stairs!!
54CCD9EDCC2FEDB1CBCE5C64F86CFC5E-VIEW-SLIDESHOW.jpg
on one side of that house there are even outside "floating stairs" made of metal,
which lead to a sundeck/appartement.
these ****ers are way more dangerous than renting a moped :)

once you slipped on them in the early morning
(when they are dripping wet because of the high humidity at the northcoast)
after a night of clubbing you wish them to hell ...

... like the whole house, which is amazing if you enter first time,
but after a few days we all started to hate it, because it´s more like a showroom,
but not really suitable to actually live there, because it´s cold as stone
and has a very unfriendly vibe.

Estate agents here can advertise the price at way over what the seller is asking so it can be worth offering way below the asking price and especially at the moment. If you keep looking you may find some of the same houses advertised on several sites but at different prices.
Some of the agents are often pretty lazy so some of the houses shown on the sites might have been sold a year ago or the asking price may have changed but the site wont show it because nobody can be bothered to change it yet.
Walk into every estate agency you see and tell them what you want. They don't respond well to phone calls or emails if you are just inquiring so walking in is often the best way. Tell them what you are looking for and they will happily take your details but if they don't have anything for you on that day, don't expect to hear from them ever again. I contacted loads via email and phone but very very few ever got back to me with anything even though I wasn't looking for anything special.
Keep going back to their office to remind them you are still looking.

So... are you saying that this one could go for significantly less than 500k? Maybe, for example, 400k? :D

So... are you saying that this one could go for significantly less than 500k? Maybe, for example, 400k? :D

Mate, with our experience alot of properties are going for upto 20% less than the asking price ( here on the costa blanca anyway) Emma sold one 2 weeks ago that was up for 675k (fron line with 180 degree see views, although it needed modernising it is in very good condition). A dutch couple saw it and offered 550k and said they wouldnt pay a penny more. It was accepted 10 minutes after we put the offer in :eek:

That house with a bit off tlc will be worth at least 50% more when the market recovers !

í´m quite underwhelmed .. not bad, but expected so much more :lol:
...you stay all the time in pdb with seaview etc ...
... so what the F you want THERE in the hills ? :lol:
Good luck finding more for less than 500k!
It's got a sea view too, ya bugger :p

i see no sea. i also can't ever see it achieving 750k when the market recovers, unless of course you demolish it and build something decent in its place.

Ouch!

I take it you don't like the design?

I liked all the big windows, and being up on the hill. I live in a rather dark first floor apartment at the moment.

On one of the photos you can see Cala Llonga from the property (either on the link above or on the other site listing I saw for it.)

If that's not worth it, then find me a better option, Stephen :p

i can't see one redeeming feature in it. you can't even get out of the pool on two sides, the lounge is really small, the kitchen is neither 'american' nor stand alone, can't comment on the bedrooms and the ground floor is on different levels with steps. my first job would be knocking all those built in shelving units and cupboards out. finally it's only 155 m2 - by the time you've paid your tax that gives you €3k per m2 ish which seems a little high for such an old fashioned place

Seriously though. It is possible that a house listed as €500 could go for €400. I have heard similar stories. Some houses here are ridiculously overpriced though so maybe the actual sale price is more realistic in some cases?
A lot of places really don't look as good as the pics. You really need to look around a few at around the price you can afford so you get a feel for what to expect for that kind of money.
Also be careful of descriptions like "room for a pool" or "room to extend" often mean exactly that. There's room but you might not be able to get permission (mind you that doesn't seem to stop some people building on).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back